Sunday 19 December 2010

I think I've peaked!

This is the last Christmas card I've made to send this year. I'm not sick of making them - I just wish there was more time in a day so I'm a bit relieved I've finished! It's time to be thinking of sausage rolls, mince pies, spicy red cabbage to go with the turkey on Christmas Day and all those other things we can do a bit in advance...............err, I suppose some housework needs to figure in there too!!!

We have some lovely neighbours and their two daughters who are into drawing their own extra bits inside the family Christmas card - so I went to town a bit on this one especially for the girls!

It's another Christmas House Mouse decoupage and the backing paper is from my stash - a freebie with a magazine a year or two ago. I just trimmed the corners of the easel card, added some sparkly snowflakes and then the delicious icicle strip across the top. The final touch is a sparkly snowflake button from Hobbycraft with a little bit of silver yarn threaded through and tied in a little bow.

Now I can finally begin to tidy up my desk/floor etc. - it's been like a bombsite, to the point that I began losing things and I hate to be THAT disorganised!! Hope your preparations are going OK!

Di
x

2 comments:

  1. I reelly like the house mowsie card yu sent us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you Bob! Glad you like it.........have a brilliant day, any pants drawer frolics planned? :) Di x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.