Tuesday 7 December 2010

A Christmas card for a special couple

This card has been made for an ex-work colleague and her smashing husband. Arun worked for me quite a few years ago and she is also one of my best friends.........we sure had some fun times working together over the years! They've had a tough year as Arun was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year but thankfully she is through the op. and radiotherapy and is doing really well.


It's another from the KanBan card kit which I made into an easel card. The backing papers are mostly from the kit although I did add a Martha Stewart punched border in textured silver card  laid on top of frosty white card. I also added some Twinklets Diamond Dust (super stuff, I recommend it!!) to the 'snowy bits' and the card front is propped up behind a gorgeous sparkly snowflake button from Hobbycraft - with the teensy holes covered up with a sparkly diamante. Lots of 'sparkle' going on here and I see lots of reflections in the piccie too!! I hope that 2011 is a sparkly, healthy and happy year for them both!

Di
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.