Sunday 17 March 2024

Sunday Snippets - Holly!

Here's my snippets card for this week:

I used:

- 5.5" x 4" pale ivory linen card blank, tent style 

- a snippet of the same pale ivory linen card, cut using the Memory Box 'Contempo Holly and Stencil' set die (I didn't try the stencil ......... for now!)

- then extracted, a tiny bit of snipping was involved to my surprise, the holly twig and leaves from the panel

- then glued the resulting panel with its various apertures onto the left hand side of the card front as a 'frame' for my next additions

- die cut the panel once again to end up with a mirror gold 'skeleton' of the holly twig - I used Tonic 'Inca Gold' snippets

- at that point I pondered and realised that it needed something to define the line down the centre of the card - so I added a strip of Altenew 'Golden Edge Trim' Washie tape (it's about .25" in width and very useful stuff). I used it because it's very thin and wouldn't cause any 'bumps' when I added the holly leaves

- then I felt safe to add the gold skeleton outlines of the holly twig - just using a fine glue pen  (there was one piece I'd kept back from the pale ivory die cut so I popped that in place at the same time)

- then used the holly die again to die cut the holly leaves - using some beautiful green mirror card by 'Italian Options' (Amazon UK) and added them, using a glue pen

- all that remained was to add a sentiment so I dug around in my pot of ready made Tonic Mini 'Merry Christmas' sentiments and added a red mirror card one (probably made using Tonic 'Scarlet Organza' card

- finished - and I actually made four the same......... in a little batch bake!

I now have four leftover skeleton white outline die cuts of the holly twig and leaves - begging to be used. I have plans as they're much too pretty to waste!

I'd like to enter this card into a couple of challenges:

- Darnell's NBUS challenge #60 - HERE - the 'Contempo Holly' die I used is NBUS, I'm still battling on using 'Never Been Used Stuff' and yet it keeps on growing! I need therapy.

- Christmas Kickstart #84 - Get Your Grinch On HERE. Basically 'use green' - and I did! Love this challenge run by Jo - go and take a look if you don't already join in.

Dudley Pupdate: After the traumas of the previous week (he recovered well from the vet visit, 24 hours if that!)  we gave Dudley a 'pass' on the full trim that Len had planned for him. So, this week has been filled with tons of cuddles and playtime - even more than usual, if that's possible. If only it would stop raining - he hates getting even his paws wet! Mind you, drying him off with a towel, even after just venturing into the garden, is a game he loves!

Remember, I've just kicked off a new challenge over in the Snippets Playground HERE. Hope to see you on the swings!

Love as always, Dudley and me,




20 comments:

  1. Very elegant CAS Di, so shiny and impressive. I think it's suitable for men and women, and that strip of slim and thin golden washi tape is a clever addition, just perfect to bring the holly to life!
    Glad to know that Dudley bypassed his bad week and well done for the surplus of cuddles and games! :) Make some cuddles also by me!! :)
    Also here lots of raining days, but it seems that by now the weather will be better!
    Hugs, happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done well to showcase the shine on your card with your photo, they’ll be sure to brighten someone’s Christmas. So glad Dudley is back to normal, and I’ll definitely see you up the treehouse, to take a peek at the fabulous prize bundle, and maybe see what’s in Sarn’s satchel 🤔 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super CAS Christmas card although from your detailed description maybe not quite as 'simple' as it appears. Lovely work anyway and I for one do enjoy reading your descriptions of the path taken to produce your cards. Look forward to seeing what you make with the 'leftovers'

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a glorious Christmas card. Love your CAS design and all the shiny leaves. Great idea with the gold Washi tape stripe.

    Good to know Dudley bounced back and has had extra fun & cuddles all week. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful classy and stylish CAS Christmas card, and the hints of mirri card really make it pop!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Di l love that holly and the gold stripe just finishes it off beautifully nice choice of green too, glad Dudley is back to himself l wish this rain would dry up not very nice having wet paws or getting wet it does put a damper on things x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shiny holly leaves - very festive! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could make a simple card like this and have it look so effective and beautiful. Those green mirror leaves look so pretty with those bits of gold trim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, Di! Love the way the green card catches the light, and looks so good paired with gold. Thanks for playing along with Meghan and me, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is so bright and pretty Di using the green and gold for the beautiful holly sprig, and a lovely bright red sentiment to finish. Glad Dudley is back to his usual playful self and for a change the sun is shining here today and hopefully less rain in the coming week which will keep Dudley's paws nice and dry..lol. I think we deserve just a few days of brighter weather. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful contemporary die and card, I love it Di. Love the sentiment too, A very elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning, the leaves look like stained glass-so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous CAS card Di - a lovely design.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous, classic Christmas card, Di! Think I have some Washi like that and need to remember to use it! Good for Dudley scoring even more cuddles than usual! Hugs, Greta

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely fabulous, Di.
    Lovely design, very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A perfect CAS card Di, that green card really zings! Glad to hear Dudley survived his visit to the vet ... Molly is due one soon and I don't doubt she will make a spectacle of herself as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is wonderful Di and has a beautiful stained glass effect that is perfect for Christmas. Dudley isn't one to let an opportunity go to waste for extra playtime and cuddles!! Attaboy Dudley! Hugs, Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad Dudley is now thriving after his vet visit - little rascal. No doubt he is lapping up all the extra attention.
    Love the drama of the gold on your fabulous CAS card Di - it's a stunner
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that shiny green. It's a beautiful card. Save it for me and mail it across the pond in July or December. It really is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.