Sunday 18 February 2024

Sunday Snippets - a Valentine card for Len

Here's my snippets card for this week:

I used:

- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank - side opening 

- a piece of the same white card, cut using the largest cutting die from Penny Black's set of dies called 'zig-zag stackers'

- then used a NBUS 'Bunch of Hearts' die I've had for ages, bought from Positively Papercraft but no longer stocked. However, there are lots of unbranded dies just the same to be found online 

- used the same die, to die cut the bunch of hearts from the centre of the white panel to leave apertures and set it aside 

- used the same die and a snippet of Tonic 'Red Velvet' pearlescent card  to cut the bunch of hearts again 

- next step was to add a piece of Woodware double sided adhesive sheet to the back of the white panel apertures, flip it over and then, one at a time, insert the single 'heart flowers' before then running a small brayer over the panel to ensure they were adhered properly into the apertures

- trimmed another snippet of the 'Red Velvet' card to leave a narrow border around the white panel and glued them together using Collall All Purpose gluer

- added the sentiment across the 'Bunch of Hearts'. It came from a 'ready to peel and stick' (hardly used) used set of 'Words' sticker sentiments by Clarity - I did back it with a little strip of card to add some lif,t before using a glue pen to stick it in place

- next, I used very narrow double sided foam tape to stick around all four sides of the back of the completed front panel

- used a glue stick to allow some movement room and then adhered the completed panel onto the card blank 

- final touch, I used some teeny 'Red Velvet' snippets to die cut a few little hearts. The die was a 'freebie' included with an order not so long ago; and I used the little hearts on the envelope instead of a stamp!

A fun card to make and, although I stuck to red for the bouquet, it would be a great way to use up several different coloured snippet strips to create a bouquet of different coloured flowers!

I'd like to enter this card into a couple of challenges:

- Darnell's NBUS challenge #58 - HERE - the 'Bunch of Hearts' die I used is NBUS

- Double D Challenge 'Heartfelt' - HERE.

Dudley Pupdate: Dudley has settled down beautifully since Len came home from hospital and, if anything, is now less anxious when 'his Dad' leaves the house. I can almost hear his little doggie mind thinking 'I survived for three whole days once before just with Mama and didn't lack for food and love, so I can survive now, just so long as Dad eventually comes home!'! 

Len is making progress and so far it's all positive. He had the first of his local GP blood tests for kidney function on Monday and on Friday the results came back clear - cause for celebration here. So no more weekly blood tests after all - hooray! He's still eating plain and simple food, albeit gradually becoming more adventurous. I think things such as Chilli con Carne might be off the menu for a while though!

Remember, there's a new challenge over in the Snippets Playground HERE. Hope to see you On the swings!

Love as always, Dudley and me,



23 comments:

  1. Fabulous CAS card, Di. I love the simplicity of the design.
    Pleased to hear that Len’s recovery is going well. I’m sure Dudley is giving him lots of TLC.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bunch of hearts in pearlescent red is so pretty and love the pretty zig zag edge to the PB die cut which you have them placed on, and a lovely white on black sentiment strip across them..a wonderful Valentine for Len, and I am so pleased to hear that he is so much better, and Dudley is happy and more relaxed about things too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I'm in! sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't! Lovely card. glad to hear Len is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect Valentine’s Day card. I love its CAS nature and am sure it was well-received. Great die and lovely sentiment.

    Good news about Len’s recovery going well. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A delightful card for Len and great CAS example. Glad he's doing OK but as you say, best lay off the spices for a while.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news about Len being home and his test results showing he's doing better, glad to hear Dudley's as pleased as you are too.

    Your Valentine's card is just lovely - very CAS and right up my street

    Happy Snippet Day

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure Len just loved this great Valentine card - a super die and the stitch effect around the edges is a lovely finishing touch. Great sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Di. I’m sure Len loved it. So pleased to hear he’s on the mend, what a relief for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lens so lucky his card you made Di is gorgeous love the die used and the effective stitched edges xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Di,
    such a very wonderful card for Len I bet he loved it.
    Love that heart die used and the wonderful design.
    That red snippets used looks gorgeous and such a fabulous red too.
    So glad Dudley is settling down angain and of course Len's blood results are good.
    I will email you shortly about what you said on my blog.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card Di and I'm sure Len thought so too. I'm glad to hear the test results were positive and he's making a good recovery.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad to know Len is back home and doing well with all those issues and I'm sure Dudley is pleased to have him back home again too. Your card is so elegant and lovely with that CAS design and I absolutely LOVE how you decorated the envelope too! Take good care of yourselves and enjoy the coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY--so happy for the good report! What a wonderful die and love the pearlescent paper you used! Puppydogs are awfully smart and figure things out, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I’m so glad Len is on the mend, and Dudley is more relaxed, such good news. A delightful card Di, with a fitting sentiment xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Len is a lucky fella, both in health (phew!) and in choice of a mate! You've made him a loving and romantic Valentine, Di! So glad both Len and Dudley are doing so well! (Thank you for popping over to NBUS again!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your CAS card DI, and so good to hear Len is recovering. As for Dudley being more relaxed, that in itself is good. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good to hear that Len and Dudley are both in a better place now - I think your card is exquisite Di - love the delicate hearts. A fabulous make
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad to hear that Len is progressing well, hope it continues on an upward curve and then Dudley will also stay in a happy place. That is a fabulous Valentine card - CAS and yet so intricate at the same time - perfect!
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. such a lovely card, I love CAS. thank you for the tip with brayer, I wouldn't remember use it.
    I am happy to hear Len is progressing well.
    sending crafty hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Di, I must first say how happy I am to hear that Len is doing so well and that his blood tests are clear - hoorah! Really glad that Dudley has settled down again and even gained in confidence. And finally, what a beautiful card you made for Len. I adore the bunch of heart flowers and the envelope with its heart 'stamp'. The Penny Black zig zag stacker dies seem to have wriggled onto my wish list... you are SUCH an enabler!! Hugs, Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a sweet card you've made for Len - I'm glad he's on the mend! Hugs Kate!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.