Sunday 25 February 2024

Sunday Snippets - 'hi'!

I finally had a play with some 'Lindy's Magical shakers' - 'London Summer Sage' and 'Butter the Bread Blue' from the 'Tea and Crumpets' shimmery range and some snippets of Strathmore Mixed Media card - it's expensive stuff so I never throw the tiniest scrap away! 

I love the gentle shimmer and the clever caps in these shakers. The best sprinklers I've come across. Had them ages and just never got around to playing with them, then used a couple of similar experimental pieces to make these cards, sorry the photo colour is a bit 'warm'. My desk light not only switches in intensity of light but also from warm white right through to white light - I forgot to change it as I was snuggled in the warm light setting at my desk during in a rainstorm on Friday!



Leftover snippets - some will live to fight another day! 

I used:

- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank - side opening, on the short side

- first of all I put two snippets of white card out of harm's way for when the outline die cutting commenced

- then backed snippets of the green and blue 'Magical Shakers' backgrounds and also snippets of Tonic's pearlescent 'Majestic Gold' card with 'Stick It' double sided adhesive sheet 

- next, die cut the outline with the corner flowers twice, once from each of the sticky backed snippets (the die, possibly discontinued, is by Memory Box and is called 'Starflower Flower Frame')

- peeled off the protective backing then popped the outlines and the flower centres onto the pieces of white card before then filling in the petals with little die cuts left in the contrasting card - using a small brayer to ensure adhesion 

- then die cut the word 'hi' from the MFT 'Hello There' die set, using the centre pieces from the die cut frames as they would have been such a waste, layered onto white card (snippets again) before being glued in place and then brayered (a small step but really worthwhile - I keep my TH mini brayer handy in a large scissor 'whirly organiser') 

- next step was to die cut around the assembled 'image' using a die called 'Side Stitch Rectangle' made by Lil'Inkers, sadly discontinued as they closed down but what a perfect fit!

- next, I used very narrow double sided foam tape to stick around all four sides of the back of the completed front panel

- used a glue stick to allow some movement room and then adhered the completed panel onto the card blank 

- final touch, just three self-adhesive clear Memory Box 'Fairy Drops' per card

I made two cards at once as it made sense to 'flip' the outlines and the petals of the flowers in the two colourways, just by exchanging the card snippets. I really love these 'Magical Shakers' - particularly the gentle shimmer in the range and the new sprinkler caps - I'm hooked. Needless to say have raided my piggy bank to add a few more to my current meagre collection of three. The Brushos are destined for a hike into the land of unwanted craft goodies!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenge:

- Darnell's NBUS challenge #58 - HERE - the 'Magical Shakers' were having their first outing

Dudley Pupdate: Len whisked Honka Duck away in a plastic bag when Dudley was busy elsewhere and hid it in the garden shed. We'd had the new replacement one jumbled in amongst his favourite toys for well over a week in the hope that he would switch over of his own accord. Fat chance - so drastic action was called for. There have been some frantic searches all over the house made by a bereft Dudley. But, it was becoming a health hazard so the deed had to be done. It's heartbreaking to see but we do know that he took to Honka Mark 2 after a few days so hope springs eternal that the same will happen with the new Honka Mark 3.

Len is still making great progress - he says thank you for all the 'well wishes'! x 

Remember, the results from Challenge #473 are now published in the Snippets Playground HERE. Hope to see you on the swings for the current challenge too!

Love as always, Dudley and yours truly,



22 comments:

  1. Both cards are just SO pretty Di. Love that simple but elegant flower frame and the sweet “Hi” sentiment.

    Glad Len is continuing to do well. Let’s hope Dudley gets used to new Honka Duck soon. Xxx 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabulous cards Di, never heard of those shakers, and no, I’m not even going to look 😂😂. Glad Len is doing well, and hoping Dudley will adopt Honka 3 soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely cards - not heard of those 'sprinkles' and seriously ought not to investigate as I have Brushos and Pixie Powders which seem to last forever. Tempting though nonetheless😉. Looks like there's plenty of life left in your pile of left over snippets too. Good news on Len's progress and hope that Dudley soon adopts his new Honka duck. Put me in mind of a small child pining for a favourite toy which is drying on the clothes line after a quick wash 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did some great work with the 'snippets'and produced wonderful CAS cards! Tea and crumpets....We don't know crumpets over here but we always bought them when we were 'overseas'. Last week our daughter and family have gone to London and what did they bring for us?? Crumpets!! Have a nice day,
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful and elegant cards di the flower quare die and the Hi die are so lovely and the edging too just finishes them off perfectly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Di! Firstly, I'm so glad to hear that Len's health is making great progresses!
    Such wonderful CAS card with your snippets and those new pigment powders! I have never heard about Lindy's Magical shakers but I can see that they are so shimmering and the die you used is awesome! Love so much both the elegant designs and the gold looks great with those blue tones!
    About Dudley: fingers crossed for a quick affection to Honka Mark3!!
    Lots of cuddles to him and love to you, have a sweet Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a beautiful set of cards and I love the altered colors on each one. Great snippets makes. It's good to know Len is doing well and hopefully #3 honka will soon replace the others LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Lindy's Magicals and have 3 sets. When they were on sale, I bought the empty shaker bottles to move them into. I think they'll be a lot easier for me to use & I do need to try them out as I already moved 1 set. Love how you got 2 for one exchanging the pieces of the sweet flowers. Oh I do hope poor Dudley accepts his new Duck soon! Happy news that Len continues to improve!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards, Di. I haven’t come across Lindy’s Magical Shakers before….. is this something else I ‘need’? Pleased to hear that Len is making good progress.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never tried Lindy's Magicals! Great card, good use of your snippets

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Lindy's Magical Shakers might have to stock up Di as we're all extremely intrigued! What a beautiful card with its pretty shimmer and with the layered frames. Glad to hear that Len is continuing to do well and that he has foiled Dudley's amour with Stinky Honka! He will fall in love with Honka 3 before you know it! Hugs, Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful CAS card and a great shine xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Di,
    sorry I haven't emailed yet things a bit hectic at the moment.
    Love these wonderful cards and I haven't heard of the item you used must look into it.
    Your snippets are used are gorgeous and so pretty.
    Love the beautiful flowers.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Di
    Two beautiful cards .. .. and a gorgeous colour combo.
    So happy to read that Len is doing well and things are heading in the right direction for you both.
    Let's hope the same comes true for Dudley and Honka Duck III.
    Hope you have had a good weekend.
    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two beautiful cards Di - I do love a great CAS card, and these fit the bill beautifully. I too love the Lindy's magical Sprinkles.
    Poor Dudley - I am sure he will survive the transition to Honka 3, even if he is initially bereft.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving the effect of these sprinkles, but saddened to read you are going to abandon the brushos! Had a quick look and wondering where is the best place to get these new wonderous sprinkles. Two wonderful cards. Pleased Len is improving and fingers crossed for Honka Duck III

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Lynn! You are more than welcome to have my Brushos free and for nothing. They are still here. The Lindy's Sprinkles came from www.artfuldays.co.uk. £5.25 per pot but perhaps the whole range in one fell swoop would work out cheaper per pot. My order arrived today - beautifully packaged and well protected. It's important to check the mica level - the 'Tea and Crumpets' range is subtle and not too 'in your face'shimmery. Let me know if you would like the Brushos - I owe you a favour or three! Di xx

      Delete
  17. Oooh shimmery gorgeousness!!!! Love these Di!
    Poor Dudley, hope new Honka makes it in to the family! Molly gets very traumatized when I steal Bunny away for a dip in the washing machine - she's always out to check when I'm putting a wash on just in case LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, 'Honkas' have a built in 'duck honk' rather than a squeak like most toys and probably wouldn't have come out well from a wash. Totally get Molly and her anxiety when her Bunny is stolen and then washed. They are such funny little creatures - I do believe that most dogs go through a little course before they are born .................. on how to give love! Give her a cuddle for me. I smiled and shed a wee tear at Christmas whilst putting the beautiful Ruby crystal ornament right in the middle of our Christmas tree. It's very much treasured and always packed away in the lovely packaging it came in. x

      Delete
  18. The Magicals do have a wonderful shimmer, and the blue and green look very pretty together Di, and can see why you have decided to get some more, and the MB Star Flower Frame makes a wonderful centrepiece. The Tonic gold card goes beautifully too and I love the Side Stitch Rectangle die you used. Hopefully Dudley will take to Honka Duck No. 3 soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both are just so beautiful, love all the embossing and the change of flowers is so lovely. You are naughty letting me know about Lindy's Shimmers, I am on a no buy for a few months. I hope I can resist the urge? x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous shimmery creations Di ... I have never heard of these magical shakers before but my interest is piqued (does the wishlist never end??)
    pauline xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.