Sunday 22 October 2023

Sunday Snippets and Len's Birthday card

Having already shared Len's Birthday card from Dudley - here's my own card for Len:

I used:

- 8" x 6"  cream hammered deckle edged card blank, side opening 

- a layer/frame of Tonic's pearlescent 'Majestic Gold' card, topped by a slightly smaller layer of hessian patterned paper from a Stamps by Me 'Winter Story' paper pad

- the snippets on my card are a couple of strips of vellum and some additional pieces of leftover 'Majestic Gold' card that were tucked inside the card packet - I always hang onto the smallest Tonic card scraps as they're really handy for even tiny sentiments

- using Julie Hickey's 'Happy' and 'Birthday' profile die sets I die cut and assembled the sentiment and put it to one side

- then used a delicious NBUS die set by Pink & Main called 'Leafy Dies 1' to die cut the leaves and the top layer of 'veins'. The paper pad I used is also NBUS, made by Craft Consortiu 1m called 'Metal Textures' - some of the 'rusty papers' are perfect for leaves, if you choose carefully which part to use!
 
- I cut two of the 'solid' parts of the leaves for added stability then used a glue pen to stick them together before adding the 'skeleton veins' 

- time to assemble so I just popped the two sentiment words at top and bottom with two sprigs of leaves in between and called it done - I had a single sprig of leaves left over and glued that onto the front of the envelope

I'd like to add this card into Darnell's NBUS Challenge # 55. The Leafy dies and the 'Metal Textures' paper pad were having a first outing.

Also, Allsorts Challenge #751 is looking for 'Autumn colours' or 'Anything goes'. So, I'm linking into there as well.

The results of Snippets Challenge #464 are over on the Snippets Playground HERE.

Dudley Pupdate: And we've had yet more rain here, so of course the little bundle of fur has had to be practically carried coaxed out of the house. Amazing how staunch he can be in his 'NO WAY' actions. Can't say I blame him though, it's been pretty cold and damp out there! He's scheduled to have a bath as soon as possible ...... so no doubt he'll be totally delighted! And no doubt Len and I will be totally drenched in revenge!

There's still one week of the current Snippets Challenge to go, hope to see you in the Playground soon if you haven't played already - make a card, come and play. No doubt Sarn will be there, waiting with plenty of hot drinks and dry warm towels, given the current weather! 

Love, as always, from myself and Dudley,




15 comments:

  1. Great card! Love the backing paper...looks like burlap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card Di - I trust Len loved it, as it is a stunner!
    Poor Dudley - sounds as though you are having some really ghastly weather over there
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card for Len, love the hessian! Maybe Dudley needs some wellies?!!😂 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love a leaf or two and it's a perfect masculine card for Len's Birthday Di, and perfect for our Autumnal option at Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVING those leaves. They have made a great focal point for this masculine birthday card for Len. Lovely sentiment dies too. Altogether perfect.

    Poor little Dudley! I agree with Lesley - he needs wellies!!!!!
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great choice of the various elements and colours for this super masculine card - love it. I can't say I blame Dudley for not wanting to go outside in the horrid weather. Actually a bit of blue sky and weak sunshine here this morning which is a more cheerful aspect but still chilly enough to need the hot drinks 😉

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card, Di. I love the design and I’m sure Len was thrilled to receive it. I’ve not come across 8” x 6” card blanks before. What a useful size to have and I guess they can still be posted with a regular stamp. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz. They're more or less A5 size although the deckle edge ones I have - from many years ago - are actually 8" x 6". They are still generally available and great for special cards. To be honest, I'd forgotten I still had some! Di x

      Delete
  8. Len's birthday card is so pretty with those leaves and I love the larger size too. I'm with Dudley - I don't go out in the rain anymore either, but there's no one to carry me LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely card for Len the look of texture on the backing is stunning as are the leaves so beautifully put together Di x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a wonderful card which you made for Len with the pretty leaves, and CC do some great paper pads..which reminds me I have one which I must get out and use! The SBM hessian paper goes well as a background too Di. I don't blame Dudley for not wanting to go out without a little push, and hope he enjoys his upcoming bath..not..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful leaves and perfect for the season. I hope Dudley is enjoying the sunshine today and was coaxed out x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Birthday card for your hubby, it's so sweet and delicate! Great design with those fabulous leaves and big sentiment. Love that hessian patterned paper, it seems embossed!
    Poor Dudley, it isn't nice have a toilet in the open air on rainy and wet days. If I was in this situation also I would try to avoid... maybe with a chamber pot? LOL
    Give him lots of cuddles for consolation :)
    Hugs to you and Happy Birthday to Len!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card for Len Di. Those beautiful leaves look amazing against that hessian look paper and I love the gold sentiment.

    Poor Dudley, it must be chilly for him being quite low to the ground! Enjoy bath day! Hugs, Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card, love the colours on those beautiful leaves. Love the background too x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.