Wednesday 25 October 2023

Another card remembering Janis, NBUS and my monthly card for Rudoph Days

A 'triple purpose' card from me today - all challenges are dear to my heart. The Cat Lovers Blog Hop over at Christmas Kickstart to remember sweet Janis who left us earlier this year. Also Scrappy Mo's monthly Rudolph Days Challenge for October 2023 as well as Darnell's current NBUS Challenge. Here's my card:

I used:

- A5 white card blank, side opening

- piece of Tonic pearlescent 'Glazed Chestnut' card, trimmed to slightly smaller than the card blank and glued in place

- a layer of paper from a very depleted, carefully saved, pad of LOTV paper called 'Krafty Christmas', trimmed to slightly smaller than the chestnut frame and glued in place

- then onto the main image, which was stamped onto white card using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp by the  Colarado Craft Company called 'Christmas Tree Cat'

- die cut the image using a die from Heffy Doodle's A6 set of stitched rectangle dies

- coloured the image using Pro markers, Polychromos pencils and also a sparkly gold Signo pen as well as touches of clear Wink of Stella here and there

- added the sentiment, from the same stamp set, using a VersaFine 'Vintage Sepia' ink pad

- glued the image panel onto a 'frame' of more 'Glazed Chestnut' card and then onto the already layered up card front - finis!

I've had this particular stamp set for absolutely ages, from back in the days when I used to make snippets samples for the Playground Challenge and the very thought of colouring it always terrified me! In the end, I decided to go for it - sink or swim! I most certainly don't think my efforts are anywhere near as wonderful as so many others - but, having had a break from using Pro markers as well as having the courage to also use coloured pencils did make the process flow more easily.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:



Darnell's NBUS Challenge #55 - the stamp set, almost my Nemesis, was having a first outing!

I reckon the fairy will win over the cat and fun and games are on the cards - the little mouse obviously thinks so! 




27 comments:

  1. This is a really pretty and fun image and sentiment, and I think your colouring looks great Di. The background paper in those more neutral tones makes a wonderful frame for it too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had spotted the mouse and my mind was racing, Di - what a sweet card and so beautifully made.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and great colouring Di, happy Rudolph day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Di, this is so beautiful. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab Christmas card. Purrfect fir(!) the Janis/Kickstart challenge. Your colouring-in looks great to me. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun image, beautifully coloured and set off by the well chosen background layers. Well done for covering three of your favourite challenges in one hit - how on earth did it get to be Rudolph Days time already 🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just so beautiful and creative Card DI x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The image is so cute, love this Christmassy card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's the saying... 'feel the fear and do it anyway?' This is gorgeous, Di and so beautifully coloured. Thanks for playing again at The Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun image, perfectly colored and backed with beautiful paper. I'm chuckling over the mouse in the corner just waiting for the chaos to begin LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Di, this card makes me smile and giggle! :D How cute and fun scene!! Well done using it! Fabulous colouring, so perfect especially on all those branches and tiny baubles!! The watching little mouse is adorable :)
    Love that LOTV paper, I remember the high quality of their pads, such a shame now there are only the digital. This pattern looks very elegant and sweet and the frame matches so well the image!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my mercy. That mouse at the bottom is wondering if the curious cat is going to get coal for Christmas. Cute card. Love the CCC stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! What a sweet kitten, and I can hear his frustrated mewing as he takes another swing at that angel - lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh that gorgeous image!! And so beautifully coloured too! What a festive scene you have created! Love that kitty reaching out as far as he can! Thanks for joining in with the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge and remembering Janis x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Di, this is adorable! And your pencil colouring is so pretty! I am seeing more and more pencil colouring around and I'm tempted to try it again. I always enjoyed it and I love the look! Way to go for using your NBUS too! This kitty is going to get the naughty award LOL! Thank you so much for joining us again at Christmas Kickstart's Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge in memory of our dear friend Janis, who was an inspiration to us all! I hope you are having fun! Maybe you will join us again before it ends on October 31! Wishing you a purr-fect day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally adorable, Di!
    Ellie (hopping along in the Cat Lovers Christmas Kickstart challenge)
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Di,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    What a very wonderful card and your stamped image is so lovely.
    That tree is fabulous and coloured so perfectly.
    Love the paper and colours used.
    So sorry to hear about Janis.
    Must visit more often but my arms and shoulders ache so if I type too much.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, I think you have coloured it perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card, Di. I love this stamp - always a fan of a stamp that does a lot of the work for you. And the sentiment is so purrrfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable image. Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is what the perfect Christmas for cats would look like!!! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this image Di and you've brought it to life with your colouring! Thank goodness our dogs don't try this at Christmas! Hugs, Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card Di, what a fun image. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think that little mouse is trying to warn the kitty not to do that! Thanks so much for sharing at the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge. Helpful Hopper - Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fab card Di - I know what you mean, I used to colour always with Promarkers but had a long break form crafting and my confidence in colouring was shot ... 2 years later it still hasn't come back!! Fantastic effor though and a great result
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. :) Don't cats just love Christmas trees - love this stamp and especially the mouse gazing up at the cats antics. Your colouring is perfect and the ditsy, holly background paper is delightful!
    Thank you for joining the special Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge in memory of our dear friend, Janis Woolbright. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.