Sunday 25 June 2023

Sunday Snippets and Rudolph Days Challenge

I made my snippets card for the current Rudolph Days Challenge HERE, as well as for my Sunday Snippets post.

The images were already stamped and sent to me by a lovely friend after I commented on her blog how much the stamp reminded me of Dudley. I tend not to publish names of friends who stamp images for me just in case the Copyright Police come knocking at the door - however - you know who you are and a massive thank you once again!  And not just one copy - there were 20 all the same in the envelope!


I used:

- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening

- have already explained about the adorable Penny Black 'Reindeer Pup' image  - which I coloured using Faber Castell Polychromos pencils then die cut using a die from the Penny Black 'Zigzag Stackers Rectangles' set of dies - I LOVE these dies!

- next I stamped a small sentiment directly onto the image - using my Misti and a VersaFine Clair 'Nocturne' ink pad along with a stamp by Personal Impressions designed by Kirsty Wiseman from a set called 'Many Greetings' - this is possibly my most loved and used Christmas sentiments set of stamps! And I've had it for many, many years

- then took a piece of tartan paper, die cut to a smidgen under the size of the card front - leaving a lovely narrow border. I used the largest plain die from the Spellbinders 'Hemstitch Venise (sic) Lace Rectangles' set of dies and the paper is from Craft Consortium's Essential Papers 'Tartan' pad. The main reason for using the die was to centre the tartan pattern properly - OCD strikes again!

- glued the tartan paper and the completed image panel onto the card front using Collall All Purpose glue - and it was finished!

The images came on white card trimmed to around 4" square - and I'm counting those as my snippets. I have a further 19 images which are about two thirds of the way through a batch baking session - that will boost numbers in the Christmas card box for sure!

I'd like to add this card into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #51 HERE. The 'Penny Black 'Reindeer Pup' images as well as the paper pad were both having a first outing.

We have a new Challenge, run by Sarn, over in the Snippets Playground HERE - with a lovely prize made up of several goodies. 

Dudley Pupdate: The little guy has had yet another haircut - fast on the heels of his previous one, only four weeks ago! I think that Len is possibly a bit 'trimmer and scissor happy' - I'm going to start calling him' Edward Scissorhands'! 

Dudley put up the usual good fight but is now all nicely trimmed (aka scalped!) and even more able to cope with the heat here. He never bears a grudge, no matter how much of a fight he puts up at the time - he's such a sweet natured little pup and always looks so tiny for a couple of weeks. Until the hair grows back with a vengeance!

On the down side of life - Honka Duck had to be removed from Dudley, discretely, and hidden in the garden shed for now, as Dudley was being sick for no apparent reason. Len puts it down to poor manky ole Honka Duck. And I tend to agree as it stopped immediately he could no longer lick and mouth Honka. So right now we have a slightly bemused Dudley not actually 'taking' to the newest version of Honka - which has been within his range for months now! He's slightly bereft, to put it mildly! Watch this space. 😔

Love from Dudley - and of course me,  



18 comments:

  1. An absolutely gorgeous Christmas card with the cute reindeer pup image and lovely tartan paper.

    So kind of your friend to send so many images to you to play with.

    Glad little Dudley is doing better since Honka Duck has been removed. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Reindeer pup sure is perfect for Dudley cards, and this is super sweet. Hope he comes to terms with his “loss” very soon, and happy Rudolph day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Christmas card, Di. The image is so cute and the tartan makes a great background.
    Glad that Dudley has recovered. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally adorable make today, my dog used to hate it whenever I added some form of "accessory"!!!

    Poor Dudders, glad the removal of the manky honka fixed the problem for him

    Happy Sunday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card with Dudley centre stage.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh Di your card is gorgeous the background plaid papers l just love and make great christmas cards and of course the image is adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh a wonderful Dudley card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Di, that puppy's face remember me Dudley also to me, such kind gesture from your friend stamping 20 images for you!! And he's so fun with the reindeer antlers!! :D Adorable!!! LOVE so much your card, it gives justice to the fun and cute puppy!
    'Edward Scissorhands' made me laugh!!! Poor Dudley, I'm sure he misses licking and mouthing Honka so much! :(
    It’s a matter of smell, his new Honka has a different smell, it’s not his.
    I think you should try to put the old Honka and the new one in an airtight bag for a few days, so that the new one gets the smell. Then Dudley would accept it more calmly.
    LOTS of cuddles to him and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea - although we already had the new and old Honka Duck beside one another for weeks, We'll give it a try as he is still very distressed Alice! Would you like be the new Mama of a Havanese perhaps? Joke! xx

      Delete
  9. That is a very good likeness and what a kind thought too. A great card, I do have a fondness for tartan. I hope dudley will evenutally accept the imposter! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that is 'so' Dudley - what a fabulous image and beautifully used Di -0 what a generous friend!
    Oh dear, poor boy loosing Honka, but if he was making him sick, mama needs to do what needs doing
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. So kind of your friend to send those images! They are so sweet and so is your card. I really like the plaid background you chose. The wee pup image pops against the strong background!

    Had a good chuckle at your descriptions of Len and Dudley re haircuts!
    Sad for Dudley to lose his favourite toy, but good health triumphs toy choice!

    Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes it does look like Dudley! Cute card, and definitely a good reminder who the "boss" of the house is - lol. I hope he can move past his present loss and onto another toy with joy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Di. Poor Dudley losing his best friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your card. Before I read anything I thought Oh it is just like Dudley! I am very late visiting everyone this month, as I almost missed the deadline for Rudolph day. Although my cards are paper pieced I am not entering them in the playground as I simply do not have time to visit everyone and comment. But maybe I will do better in the Autumn when it is a bit cooler. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is such a cute doggie image and perfect for the holidays wearing his antlers! I think it's generous of your fried to give you so many to create your Christmas stash. and you did a great job with this card. I just love that plaid background for a perfectly fun little card. Too bad for Honka Duck, but hopefully his vacation in the shed will allow Dudley to make friends with a new toy and his sickness will vanish! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute - love how you've paired the Dudleydeer with the smart tartan! ;)
    Very festive!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. How lovely to be sent some of these cute dog images Di, and I just adore tartan especially a red one, and it goes splendidly with your sweet dog, and that zigzag edged mat looks great too. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.