Sunday 11 June 2023

Sunday Snippets and a new challenge

Challenge #456 is now up and running over on the Snippets Playground folks! I loved Susan S's 'wave' card, which was one of my 'picks' last week. So much so that I set out to make my own for Len's G Nephew Bradley- similar but you really can vary this technique SO much:


My snippets

I used:

- card blank measuring approx. 5.5" x 4.25", tent style

- a snippet of dark brown card, trimmed to 5.25" x 4" and glued in place

- a snippet of white card the same shade as the card base - embossed using a Stampin' Up 'Textures' folder then trimmed to 5" x 3.75" and glued onto the brown layer

- used four circular dies from my Tonic Studios set of round dies, a quarter of an inch graduating down from the largest one I wanted to use - one circle from each of the four colours of dark brown, beige, cream and grey

- cut each circle in half using a trimmer then glued the 'halves' one on top of the other - lining the bottom and one side to the left of the biggest layer at the back (you can vary this for some interesting options!)
 
- die cut the sentiment from dark brown card using a 'Sentiment Strips Die' by Altenew then glued it onto a 3.75" wide strip of beige card to cover where the semi-circles would join up

- added three narrow strips of card to the back of the entire sentiment strip - to lift it to the height of the layered semi-circles and be able to tuck them in place

- then added the sentiment strip across the centre of the card front using strips of thin sticky pad snippets - before then tucking the layered semi-circles underneath the sentiment (just a smidgen), also raising them onto snippets of thin sticky pads

Dudley Pupdate: Dudley is none the worse after his tumble last week - he's just as adventurous and full of mischief. In fact, when he's quiet we tend to go hunting for him to check out what he might be up to!  

On Saturday, after his evening meal, we gave him one of his ice creams I bought last week. They're each a mixture of Strawberry, Banana and Apple but to be honest we think he was a bit underwhelmed. We even had to decant it into one of his little bowls before he would venture! I tried a little taste from the actual ice cream tub, it's very much a strawberry flavour and Len is sure that Dudley has turned his nose up at the offerings of a fresh strawberry in the Summer months:


However, it was an opportunity to take a few photos of him having cuddles on Len's lap later on:





This final shot is almost identical to the previous one - I've put it on here as it's the closest I could get to Dudley actually looking at the camera lens!

Love from myself and Dudley - as always



17 comments:

  1. As I said over in the Playground - I LOVE this card. I agree with Brenda that it’s very stylish.

    GREAT photo’s of the Playground Pup. He’s just soooo cute. Give him an extra snuggle from his Auntie Sarn please xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made a great masculine card using this interesting technique, which as you say can be varied in so many ways. Thanks for sharing the super photos of the adorable pup. Reckon I share Dudley's feelings about his ice cream treat - not a great fan of 'pink' flavours myself 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those half circle cards, and yours is fabulous Di... I recognise the embossing folder too, as it is in my stash and is still a firm favourite.
    Dudley looks to be a very loved wee dog :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Di and gorgeous pics of Dudley. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. l love your card Di beautiful embossed folder too that you used and it does make a good masculine card lovely colours too .....Ooh sweet Dudley great photos too enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making these split circle cards, and I really like that large sentiment panel you added to yours. It's a great masculine make and those photos of Dudley are precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This design is one that I always say to myself that I have to try one day!! Fabulous masculine card, so classy!
    I'm glad to know that Dudley is well. I think that he will love more his ice-cream when the hot will be more strong. Adorable photos, he is so photogenic! :)
    Cuddles also by me :) and big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’ve got your Mojito order ready - see you at the picnic table in a mo! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bring your wellies - and a 'gamp' to protect those cocktails in the run into the Playground from your pedal car as we just had a huge thunderstorm here! The full works with lightning - thank goodness that's one thing that doesn't upset Dudley - although it was so bad it did make him curious. x

      Delete
  9. Love the brown tones, great card and technique, and adorable pics of cuddly Dudley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great card and one I have yet to get to try. Did you know you can get a set of dies to do this!!! Needless to say I won't be buying.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that is a step too far. It's so easy when you know how. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this wave design Di ... CAS but so effective! Thanks for the rundown on the steps and stages involved. Your photos of Dudley really are adorable, he looks so innocent and incapable of mischief!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous card Di! I can see that in bright colours for a sixties feel! And lovely to see the adorable photos of your cute boy. Was he thinking that he, hunter of squirrels, should be given Meaty Chunks, not ice cream?!! Hugs, Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Live your graphic card Di, but oh my goodness, Dudley definitely steals the show in your post! Such a handsome boy! Sorry to hear he took a tumble but glad he's on the mend Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.