Sunday 20 June 2021

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge #404 - results


That was a scorching hot few days and nights here in our part of Hampshire, 28 degrees during the day - hot in homes without air-con, no air-con is usual for domestic homes in the UK. I suspect that at some point new homes will be built with air con here due to climate change. Followed by torrential rain from Thursday evening onwards - which resulted in a fair bit of local flooding. Thankfully not right where we live but it did curtail my plans to post off Vicky's prize. One day much too hot to even think about venturing out in the car and the next day needing a canoe!

First of all, the picks - Susan and I were so aligned in what entries we would pick to showcase - I feel it does show I'm doing something right:


Val skipped in with this gorgeous rainbow card - super use of snippets and I do so love the 'shower of matching pollen' falling from the flowers. Very CAS and pretty too.


This is a perfect new home card - shared with us by Christa. Love the dear little houses in those pretty colours with the roof lines very cleverly matching the added scallop strip along the lower edge of the card. Another really pretty card.

 

Paper piecing is a marvellous way to use up snippets and this gorgeous card made by Maxine is a perfect example of using the technique to perfection. The added glossy accents to the raindrops is a lovely touch and also how Maxine did some clever shading on the umbrella!

That's my/our picks from Challenge # 404. We had 31 entries and no new Playmates. 

Time for the draw now and the prize is a Hero Arts 'Knitting' stamp set and matching Hero Arts 'Knitting Frame Cuts' - kindly donated by Susan B our Guest Designer. The winner is:

Karen Letchworth

Congratulations Karen! I've had a quick search through the Playground and think this might be your very first win - although you're often a 'pick' of course! Delighted you were picked by the random number generator and knowing what lovely cards you make I'm sure you'll show us the end result once you use your prize.

Please send me your address as I ask in the paragraph below this one - I'll pass it onto Susan B, who will then post your prize directly to you from Canada.

Please send me your address, with your full name at the top as well so it can be can be copied and pasted for speed and ease. It's also confirmation that you still would like the prize of course.  Please put Playground Winner or similar in the subject line of your email in case it drops into my junk mail. Email address is on RH sidebar as always.

Remember folks, there's still almost one more week to run on the current Challenge #405 HERE. The prize is a Crafter's Companion stamp set called 'Hello Summer', a Crafter's Companion set of two dies called 'Summer Afternoon' to compliment the set of stamps, a Waltzing Matilda 2" x 2" doily die called 'Tiny Doily' and a set of two stamps by Creative Expressions called 'Apple Blossom Spray'. Prizes kindly donated for Ruby'sMemory  Challenge by Val and Viv.

Dudley is such a pickle - he has to be the most inquisitive dog ever and always has to be where the action is. During last week though he overstepped the mark when we had a telecomms engineer here to bring optic fibre from the road right into the house. Amazing how they fish the fibre through the service ducts then bring it up into the home. Dudley did his usual 'welcome' barking session then when he went to see what Mr BT was doing he decided it would be fun to wrap his paws round one of his legs for a little bit of 'doggie fun'! Needless to say he was returned to my care promptly by Len with a moveable barrier across the top of the stairs. 

So he then 'woofed' every time the guy went in and out of the front door - resulting in me unceremoniously plonking him in our bedroom for timeout - and putting a further moveable barrier across the doorway. Of course he calmed right down when he couldn't see the Mr BT at all. Instead he sat on the end of our bed and glared at me in total indignation right across the landing to where I was working at my desk - for the rest of the visit! So hard not to laugh but oh boy was he SO cross with such an accusing and very grumpy face at his fun being stopped. The good thing is that he never bears a grudge for long, just a token 'I'm ignoring you' when first 'sprung' from his timeout. Never a dull moment when he's around.☺ It's a bit like having a toddler really - he will be three years old on 22nd July, how time flies.

Finally, it's come around so fast but it's June's Rudolph Days beginning on Friday 25th until the end of the month - over at ScrappyMo's. I've been working on a batch of identical Christmas cards for days now - one of those designs that you know will have a good outcome but boy do I wish I'd gone for a simpler design with less steps!

Love from Parsnip, myself and the usual happy 'high-five' and woof from Dudley,




15 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the winner, and thank you for choosing my card. Such a honour.
    Greetings, Christa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Di. What a lovely surprise to see my card as one of your picks this time around. Yet another charming Dudley tale, he really does keep us all amused with his antics. A little rain here overnight but nothing needing a canoe so far, keeping fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation to the other winners - and thank you for the recognition Di.
    Your young man certainly is quite the character... he certainly keeps you entertained :)
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks and congrats to Karen on her win.

    So funny about Dudley! Little scamp.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the top picks and winners. Dudley is a wag, and gosh! 3!!!! Time does fly. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards you picked. I thought of you this morning as I was reading through a blog hop and one creator said she was "chuffed". You were the first person to introduce me to that term AND "snippets"! Have a blessed day. Dudley is quite the character!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks again Di and congratulations to Karen for winning the lovely prize this time and Dudley's antics never fail to make me smile..he certainly keeps you on your toes. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely picks and congrats to Karen!
    Smiled hearing about Dudley and the telecoms engineer visitor, he has to super-visioning all in your home! :D
    Hugs and cuddles to him

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Karen enjoy your prize and another great selection on picks Di .....great Dudley is so entertaining he’s just adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Beautiful pick of cards Di, Congratulations to the Winners.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great picks, Di! I too love the matching pollen, but all 3 are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards Di and a lovely selection. Congrats to the winners. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to the top picks and to Karen (I'll mail your prize as soon as Di sends me your address). Thanks so much, Di, for inviting me to be a Guest Designer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great picks and congrats to Karen. I'll get back to playing soon, I hope xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you everyone for the congrats you've given me on my lucky first-time win. I'm very grateful and super excited. I don't know what it is about using snippets, but it makes me happy to use them and see others use them SO creatively. What a FUN challenge. Happy crafting to everyone.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogsot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.