Sunday 21 October 2018

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge #336 - results

Autumn is well on the way here - the leaves are changing and also dropping - plus weather-wise it's not been very pleasant with wind and rain. Isn't it funny how much fun puppies get from chasing leaves around :)

Having said that, today as I finish off this post (am learning to do what I can whenever there's a little bit of time in the intervening week!) - the sun is shining and it's beautiful outside. Dudley is fast asleep on my glass craft mat - it's been quite a 24 hours!

Yesterday was the day of his final puppy innoculation - which went really well. Emily, his chosen regular vet, met him for the first time and it was love at first sight - she's so good with him and also the practice nurses wanted to each have a cuddle with him as well - apparently they were waiting for him to arrive as Claire the locum vet we saw previously had been squealing with excitement about him! He weighs 2.85 kg now, which is an increase of half a kilogram in the two weeks since he was last weighed.

So we thought it was all going really well - then when we got back home he was promptly very sick, bless him he'd held it until he could be out in the penned in patio area. He was pretty sleepy all evening but oh boy - did he make up for it during the night. I don't think Len managed to get any sleep apart from possibly a couple of hours and I wasn't much better either. Basically, I think the little monkey was making up for the lost play time during the afternoon/evening when he was so sleepy. So now, he's crashed out on my desk and Len and I are almost on our knees!

Before we went to the vet I gave him a lovely brush out - which he promptly totally ruffled up, and this is the best photo I managed to get as he just wouldn't sit still:

Anyhow, let's get straight on with the fortnightly picks:

I picked this card, made by Jane W, because it's such a great example of paper piecing and bringing the images and the backing papers together by using the same papers on both. Plus, it makes me smile as well of course! Paper piecing is a brilliant way to use up snippets so do try it if you haven't done so already.

This entry was made by Alice, who always comes up with beautifully detailed work. I chose this card because it's just a perfect summing up of Autumn with the wonderful colours and multiple die cuts etc. - plus it uses lots of snippets of course!

And this is another very detailed piece of work - a beautiful wedding card made by Jackie T. It was for a couple who love the Caribbean and I think, as well as using loads of snippets, Jackie captured the whole flavour of the Caribbean in the design and those wonderful colours!

We had one new Playmate joining us this time:
Emma
A huge welcome to the Snippets Playground Emma - hope to see you again soon!

I absolutely adore this set of reindeer dies and needless to say scurried off to buy a set - two in fact, one for me and one for the Playground toy box. I'm planning to run the Christmas/New Year holiday giveaway once again - IF I get time to make my own samples and do the posts of course. It's a few weeks away still so with luck I'll manage it.

So that was one new Playmate this time round - and we had a total of 50 entries. We seem to be hovering around the 50 mark which isn't bad going at all. We're approaching the seven year mark since I took the Snippets Playground over from Jules - I had to treble check that as it's really flown by!

Now it's prize draw time, and our winner of the two lots of dies, kindly donated by Viv is:


Well done Lia! One of our really loyal playmates who always arrives with such lovely work - and it's also a while since Lia won anything so that's a good choice for the Random number generator.

Do please send me your address, with full name at the top as well so I can copy and paste or just write straight from the email onto the envelope - for speed and ease. I don't keep addresses of previous winners, even if they might be in my private address list - if that makes sense! It's also confirmation that you still would like the prize of course and I'll post your prize once I hear from you. Please put Playground Winner or similar in the subject line of your email in case it drops into my junk mail. Email address is on RH sidebar as always.

Remember folks, there's still almost another week to run on Challenge #337 - just check back a bit and you'll easily find it. The prize is a Paper Smooches 'Birthday Words' die set (comprising 'celebrate', 'cheers' and 'Happy Birthday') plus The Works ' 10 Piece Numbered Candles' set of dies .

It's an early night for us here for sure! I was hoping this was the weekend the clocks change but have just checked and it's not until next weekend, sigh - I could have done with that extra hour!

Hope you all have a lovely week ahead, and little Parsnip and Dudley (woof!) send their love too! Parsnip is safely tucked up away from Dudley's reach - and busily working on his Christmas wish list for Santa in between flicking through one of my cocktail recipe books! I suspect plans are afoot for one of his money-making ventures during the festive season in the Playground!





32 comments:

  1. Gorgeous showcase Di, some really pretty detailed work. I'm not surprised the vet and staff were waiting for your arrival with Dudley, he is soooo cute! I laughed when you said he was crashed out on your glass craft mat! Have a great week, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for choosing my "gate-card" in the Top3!! :D
    Congrats to the other Top3 ladies and to the winner!
    Dudley melts my heart and I can image the squealing of vets, he is an adorable and soooooo cute fluffy puppy!! :D
    Hope that you could sleep a bit...
    Make some cuddles to Dudley by me! ...And some to Parsnip, too :)
    Hugs, have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks as always and congratulations to the winner. I don't want to disillusion you but I'm not sure that Dudley will appreciate nor make use of the extra hour when the clocks go back!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly as I fear Val! He did sleep well last night thankfully. x

      Delete
  4. Many congratulations to the winner and again Di fabulous picks too! Dudley is gorgeous and looks well groomed even after he ruffled himself up lol enjoy your day xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful picks Di and a worthy winner. I'm sure it must feel like having a new baby in the house at times (like the middle of the night), but being so gorgeously cute I'm sure that he is soon forgiven too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dudley is just adorbs. I know I keep saying that but, well, what else is there to say. Love your favourite picks and congrats to Lia. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Lia and to my special friend Alice, along with all of the other wonderful participants and notables! Your creations are always inspiring to me, and that cute little Dudley inspires me to be happy every time I see his cute little face :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done to Lia and all the top picks - and thank you for picking me among them! This week's picks really show that we really ought never to throw away the tiniest scrap of anything!
    I'm afraid you are NOT going to be able to persuade Dudley that the clocks going back means an extra hour in bed - his tummy (and other parts) just won't understand!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to Lia on her prize win.

    Waving hello to Emma the newbie whose entered a beautiful card (no wonder you rushed out and found those dies Di!).

    Top marks to all the showcased girls too.

    Have a good week everyone.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I forgot to say . . . that photo of Dudley is just ADORABLE. He really is the cutest puppy ever (even though he keeps you awake at night!). Look at that face . . . I just know you'll forgive him in an instant! xxx

      Delete
    2. Aw Thank you Sarn, waving hello back! Emmax

      Delete
  10. Love your picks, they are great cards. The video was so cute and made me laugh. Don't get your hopes up about the time change. No matter how much I explain it to Molly, she gets up at the same time and doesn't care if it's still dark or getting light! It takes a while for her to get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh - I guess we'll just have to turn in an hour earlier then. At this rate we'll be keeping baby hours ourselves! xx

      Delete
  11. Hi Di: I have got the flu, and don't feel well at all, BUT: you have just made my day! It's great to see that I am the random winner of #336. Thank you so much for that!
    And Dudley?...Oh, he is soooo cute and I am enjoying every story about him! I wish you so much luck and joy with this little fellow! A dog is peoples best friend, as I know from our doggie Tom. Since I am ill he is next to me constantly...
    Have a great day,
    Lia xx
    PS: I will send an email.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards from everyone, well done to the worthy winners. Even my hubby said to me this morning are there any new Dudley pictures today? He just gets more adorable every week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea! I don't think you're a Playground participant but I keep seeing your wonderful comments, especially about Dudley. We introduced him to a teeny bit of raw carrot this evening and he was totally in ecstasy!! His whole body was quivering with joy - I had previous dogs who loved carrots but none as much as little Dudley for sure. So why don't you come and join in the snippets playground - you sound just like our sort of gal! xx

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous cards Di. You and Len must be exhausted but then you just have to look at that darling Dud's face and all must be forgiven, he is just too cute. Hope you have enjoyed the weekend's sunshine, how glorious it has been. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Evening Di and all, thanks for the shout out of my card and those cute reindeer - i look forward to seeing how you use them.... They just make me smile. Thanks for your comment on my blog too - hope to be entering again soon. Dudley is gorgeous, a real heart breaker. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dudley looks as though he is a bit of a handful at the moment Di, but he is so cute no wonder the vets couldn't wait to see him and have a cuddle..lol. Some wonderful showcased cards again this week and congratulations to Lia for winning that lovely prize provided by Viv, and welcome to Emma. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful top picks and congrats to the winner. Dudley looks so clean! I wish my 2 were like that :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great picks. Congratulations to all winners. I hope Dudley and you guys are feeling better soon. He's adorable xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful picks, Di! I swear the gallery just goes from strength to strength every week and it must be so hard to pick the ones to feature! Of course Dudley stole the show! That photo is just incredible!! How you and Len manage to do anything but take turns holding him under your chins is beyond me!! Enjoy!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  19. congrats to those picked, all fabulous work.
    I must admit I came to see if there was a pic of Dudley. He is so gorgeous. I remember when we had a puppy it was so exhausting and that was in our 30s. Get some rest x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Di thank you for picking my card. You are so right so many snippets got used in this card. Dudley is so cute. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  21. He is just gorgeous, if my youngest Grandson saw him I am afraid you would either have to adopt a 9 year old or lose Dudley.
    Great picks this week, congrats to all.
    Son-in-Law came home today and fingers and toes crossed he may be able to sort out the problem for me, but who knows.
    Thanks again Di.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just realised why I don't have my comments in a pop-up box. With it, I can't respond to any of you on here - and don't really have the time to go and email you directly either right now. Apologies but it looks as if, for some people to be able to even comment, I need to stick with the pop-up box for now.

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, those are exquisite picks for this round! The paper pieced dresses are so fun, as is that sassy stamped image. The gorgeous Fall and tropical cards are just beautiful and I agree that those reindeer dies are just adorable. Congratulations to the winner and top picks!!
    Oh my gosh, Dudley just has my heart too..so it's no wonder the vet clinic is all agog. That photo of him after his brushing is too cute for words and reminds me so much of our Toby at that age. Toby is 13 now so I can't even remember his wild puppy days but I'm sure that you and Len will make it through..haha!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous picks Di, the cards are lovely! Dudley is looking so cute ;-)
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dudley is so adorable and really worth all the sleepless night. I bet Parsnip was all tucked up with his earplugs in and totally oblivious to it all!
    The top picks are fabulous and I can see why those super reindeer dies were a 'must have' xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. hi Di

    I'm not a playground playmate as I dont have a blog, (yet?) but have been following you for over two years in the vain hope of reducing the snippetts pile. Love the thought of Dudley quivering for carrotts. If only our kitties liked veg instead of ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Some great picks here, as awlays. Congratulations to the winner!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.