The current challenge over at Allsorts (one of my very favourite challenges) is 'Flowers all over' - and it's running for two weeks this time round.
I had a NBUS stamp bought some while ago - and this was the perfect opportunity:
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening
- very slightly smaller snippet of mid-olive green card to form a frame for the image
- piece of white card stock onto which I stamped the image using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a Taylored Expressions stamp called 'Bloomin' Background'. I used the Misti but in truth the panel stamped beautifully first time - possibly as it's red rubber mounted onto clingy foam, and I used a fresh ink pad as well
- then stamped the sentiment, using the same black ink and a stamp from the Penny Black 'Special Thoughts' set. The beauty of this image panel is that it comes with the plain oval, edged with a stitched effect - all ready for your own sentiment
- and now it was time to sit and do some colouring. I used Pro markers and followed the colours shown on the stamp packet image for this first play
- time to assemble the card - which involved a bit of careful trimming. The image panel is actually 5.75" x 4.5", so you can just trim it down on all sides to suit your needs
- then glued the green panel onto the card front, followed by the image panel (which I'd backed with fun foam for some dimension)
- final touch, three self-adhesive red pearls - which I darkened to match using the same deep red pen as I used when colouring the image
One card, all ready for the challenge. I just love this stamp! And I think the sentiment is so appropriate for the lovely Brenda who tirelessly runs more than just the Allsorts challenge - along with her talented DT of course.
I took the photo of the card lying on the desk (the card, not me!) but even so, the narrow green 'frame' layer still sort of disappears at the bottom - trust me, it's even, all the way round!
I'll be honest and say that right now crafting is a bit of a struggle for me - my heart just isn't in it like it used to be. Hopefully that will change toot sweet and I'll be firing on all cylinders again. The Playground is safe, as well as top priority, and if I manage to do more than that then it's a bonus right now.
Maybe I need to just stamp out a few images and spend time colouring them :) OR, do a bit more of something different, using my own duplicate of the next Playground prize - taps nose and winks knowingly. Come back on Sunday and all will be revealed, snigger.