Sunday 3 June 2018

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge # 326 - results

Oh boy, it's very warm and humid here right now. The sort of weather that we long for during the Winter and then wonder just why when it's hard to even craft without sticky paws - and that's before we even go near the glue!

Running late this time round so I'll dive right in with our new Guest Designer, and this time round it's Sandy of 'Stamping Writer'! And this is a really fun card that Sandy made to share:

Here's what Sandy wrote about her card:

I'm delighted to be contributing to the Playground. 

This scene card is all snippets, aside from the base. It started with a 4-inch by 5 ¼-inch blue snippet. I cut three snippets of green patterned paper using the curved Whimsy Stitched Edge die, then arranged them on top of each other to create the “hills,” trimming off the edges to fit. The clouds are white snippets cut with Whimsy Stitched Clouds die.  The sheep are from a set by The Alley Way (which is sadly out of business) called With Wondering Awe. They were stamped with Memento Black ink, colored with pencils, and fussy-cut. The sentiment (from The Alley Way set More Than Words) was stamped in the same black ink. Once the scene was all assembled, it was placed on a top-fold A-2 card.

Oh I do think this is a brilliant card, just amazing how a such great scene can be created with a few snippets - as well as a lot of imagination of course!

And a few words about Sandy herself:

I live in the southeastern U.S. with my husband, and our son lives about two hours away, where he is working on his university degree.  I work as a freelance writer, producing content for various websites and print clients (so feel free to contact me if your business needs some writing done😉). I’ve always loved crafting – I believe I got hooked when my kindergarten teacher handed out tea towels and taught us how to do a basic cross stitch. I discovered stamping and card making when my son was a baby, erroneously believing I had stumbled upon a “hobby I can keep in a shoe box.” (Oh, how innocent I was then!) I got more involved in the hobby as the Internet allowed me to find and connect with other stampers. I also enjoy reading, traveling, and outdoor activities such as camping, biking and hiking.

I wonder just how many of our own Primary School teachers were responsible for 'kick starting' our interest in one form or another of crafting? My own Mum had been to art college and was a really good artist - I used to love to sit and watch her sketching and colouring when I was young. I reckon she'd be like a kid in a sweet shop if she was still here and let loose in my craft room - ha, but I'm equally sure she would make me keep it tidier :)

No photo of Sandy to share - but at the end of this post there's a little photo from Len for you all :)

Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer Sandy - we're delighted you could take on the role for this fortnight. And Parsnip is more than willing to have me send him over to the US to join you on a camping trip! In fact, some days I'd even pay you to have him for a month or so!

Now, we do have a *Gold Star* this week, and it's a lady whose work does feature on here quite often. I'm sure this will blow your little socks off girls and you'll agree 100% that this is so worthy of a Gold Star:
 
Alice of Scrap & C made these absolutely fabulous tea bag dispensers, cups and mugs, totally from cards (including tons of snippets of course) for a shop window display! How very clever and there's tons of fascinating photos of the whole process over on Alice's blog - I do recommend you hop over for a closer look.

And now for the other three picks - a general mix of entries that caught my eye and made me smile over the fortnight:
What a fun card, made by Lynn of 'Creative Crafts' by Lynn. This is Rambo - their much loved dachshund :) Lovely card Lynn!

Jane W brought this card to share with us - great use of snippets and a perfect sentiment! Such a cleverly made scene as well.

I just love this baby card, made by Carol D to celebrate the birth of a new baby grand daughter. Little elephants are just so perfect for baby cards aren't they? There's a gorgeous photo of the baby (Chloe) over on Carol's blog - being mindful of GDPR issues I'm not adding any photos into the blog other than your entries folks!

And we had one new Playmate joining in the fun this time:
Glittertastic
A huge welcome to the Snippets Playground! Love this card - just perfect for a chap and great use of snippets too.

So that was a total of 68 entries this fortnight - folk were queuing up to use the Playground duck pond to cool off in! Rather them than me - the ducks had just vacated it :)

Prize draw time now and what a popular prize as well. Our winner of the Waffle Flower 'Succulents' stamp set with matching dies is:


 
 
Well done Carol! It's hard to tell after so long running the Playground, but I have a slight feeling that this might just be your first prize win - although I know your work has featured in the 'picks' a few times. Well done, whether or not it's a first win - you'll have something (especially the discontinued matching dies) that took one heck of a lot of tracking down! I reckon the stamps will be rare as hen's teeth as well.

Do please send me your address, with full name at the top so I can copy and paste - for speed and ease. I'll be off to the Post Office ASAP this coming week once I hear from you. Please put Playground Winner or similar in the subject line of your email in case it drops into my junk mail. Email address is on RH sidebar as always.

Remember folks, there's still almost another week to run on Challenge #327 HERE. The prize is a a bumper bundle of Concord & 9th 'Everyday Tintables', a Concord & 9th 'Fabulous Phrases set of five dies and an Altenew 'Puffy Pink' ink pad.

And, as I mentioned above, here's a photo of Spike, taken by Len on Wednesday around midnight just this past week:

One of Len's best shots - Spike actually has his eyes open and you can see his cute little paws as well. So sweet!

Hope you have a lovely week ahead, whatever you have planned.

Love from the little white peril Parsnip, and of course me,





25 comments:

  1. Oh my... such great honour!!! I'm thrilled by it! A Gold Star!!! Wow! Thanks so very much, Di!!! :)
    Welcome to Sandy, how cute paper pieced sheep, they make me smile! :)
    Big congrats to the other picks, to the winner and to your hubby :D that shot of Spike is just fabulous!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks Di and Alice's work looks amazing!! Love the shot of Spike too, we don't have hedgies here, they look adorable, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy's card is adorable! Congrats to my friend Alice P for being featured with the gold star award! So well deserved! I love all of her projects! Congrats to all the picks with their awesome use of snippets and to the lucky winner! So nice to see Spike - he is sooooo cuuuuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card by Sandy & great picks! Love the great Spike picture! Hope you get some better weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there Di, yes it's my first win and such a fab one too. Thank you.

    That little hedge hog is so cute and has such tiny paws.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the happy card with the two sheep and as for the Gold Star entry - fabulous and such a lot of work I imagine. Great picks as always and a super hedgehog picture - your blog is always a treat for Sunday mornings and never fails to please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to all the winners and picks!! Those tea caddies are amazing and so creative! As for that cute hedgie, he looks so lush and healthy. Good job Len!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card by Sandy for inspiration this week. I love how the grass is different patterned papers, very effective. It was a bit spooky when a saw it was a cute sheep card, as I've just linked up the card I made for a friend which had a cute sheep on too.

    Great picks again this week, the Gold Star project is amazing! I love Len's hedgie photo, he gets such good shots of your little visitors. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards and projects!
    that is so cute little visitor.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing Gold Star project!! Thanks to Len for the beautiful portrait of Spike!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great card from Sandy with her cute sheep and pp hillside, and the tea related creations by Alice are fantastic! I wouldn't know where to start with something like that. Congratulations also to Carol for her win and a great photo of Spike, Len caught him just right! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to those featured, fantastic cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Spikes huge! Len is obviously feeding hiim too much. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Carol G and to all the notables this week. Also a bravo to Sandy for being your GD with that cute card this week. Love that photo Len took of Spike - great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done to Sandy for being GD - I adore those patterned paper hills! Fantastic picks this week, and I'm not just saying that because I'm among them (although it helps LOL). And that is a wonderful photo of Spike.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for showcasing Rambo Di. LOL! Great cards and projects by everyone! Spike is a cutie!! Great photo too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning collections of brilliant creation, Di.. love the peeking paws of spike too, hugs for your dear self and Parsnip Shaz.x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous picks and a lovely photo of Spike too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A great GD card from Sandy, fab picks and such fun to see Spike in close up. Enjoy the week ahead Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant card by Sandy and the Gold star make is just fabulous and some super picks too.
    Mostly love Lens photo but by the looks of this we are colouring Hedgehog images totally wrong.
    Thanks Di.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another fantastic round of picks, Di! Congrats to all and welcome Glitterstatic. Trina xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What fabulous picks, love Rambo :) and what a great photo of Spike, well done everyone and Len xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. P.s. Forgot to say what an awesome teatime display. I remember making ,one of those dispensers years ago, but I really thought the cups were real at first!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Everything is gorgeous, as always. Congrats to the winners and it's great to see Spike too xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks everyone for the kind words about my card.
    Di, Parsnip is more than welcome to come camping with us, but if he's trying to escape hot and humid, this is the wrong place to come.
    Alice's tea set is amazing -- I had to look closely to confirm the cups and mugs were in fact paper. And the other picks are top notch as well.
    I enjoyed seeing Len's fab photo of Spike, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.