I totally fell in love with the MFT 'Santa's Elves images on a very sweet friend's blog. Next thing I knew, she'd stamped and die cut a little bunch for me to play with. You know who you are my friend, and many thinks again! But of course, now they're on my very long 'wish list' :)
I made six cards in total, two of each design:
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blanks, side opening
- black, very slightly sparkled, card (looks a bit like the dark sky out in the wilds far away from light pollution when it's just filled with swathes of twinkling stars) - die cut using a Spellbinders die from the 'Wonky Rectangles' set. As usual I then ran a ball ended tool around the ready cut die whilst it sat in the die itself to add the little inner raised edge
- the little images, which I spent a very happy afternoon colouring with Pro markers
- my friend had also thoughtfully included some stamped sentiments and I used the elf themed ones, just trimmed them down and then backed with a slightly larger snippet of SU's 'Real Red' card stock
- and all I had to do on Bank Holiday Monday was sit and assemble the cards, and I was extra lazy and just used a small tape runner so I hope they hold together OK! Another six for the box
Such adorable images and you can mix and match to your heart's content. I must say that this is one of those stamp sets where the matching dies are likely to be so helpful - I certainly wouldn't fancy fussy cutting some of the intricate detail!
Sitting here in a heatwave, thankfully with a fan belting away, it was a bit surreal making Christmas cards I must confess.
And I'm also a bit behind with Playground commenting - blame the sunshine!