Wednesday 23 May 2018

Psycheic card

 Here's my card for today:

I used:

- white card blank, tent style with the lower edge cut using a Lawn Fawn 'Stitched Scalloped Borders' die

- stamped image from the Penny Black 'delicate florals' set - stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and coloured with Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils

- whilst the image was still on a square of card I added the sentiment using the Misti (which likes things tucked into corners or along a straight edge even when using the magnets). The sentiment is from the Clearly Besotted 'Say what?' stamp set (love the selection in that set!) - stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink of course

- then die cut the image using a die from The Works set of 'Stitched Circles' - to place the die I held it in place with the cutting side uppermost so I could see where the stitched lines would go, ran a soft pencil around the inside edge, flipped the die over and held it in position with removable sticky tape

- trimmed a piece of turquoise card, trimmed and glued onto the card front

- then trimmed a piece of patterned paper from the Kate Knight 'Totally Tropical' paper pad which was a magazine freebie way back in 2011! Trimming the paper was a bit heart stopping as I only had one sheet of patterned paper with a butterfly on - the butterfly is as far up and to the left as I could make it

- then glued the paper to the turquoise layer on the card front and also glued the circular image panel in place

Normally I centralise most image panels I wanted to have that butterfly on show - it just wasn't in the right place on the paper no matter how much I jiggled it about - but my in-house critic likes it!

The backing paper reminds me of a dress I had - way back in the dim and distant past. If I say I used to wear it with white knee length boots that gives a bit of a clue about the era!







13 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty, Di--perfect for a special friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and colourful: a great card!!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, bright and cheerful card mate. Very pretty. I just bet that dress was short too! Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card and I remember having that paper too - was it really 2011!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colourful butterfly card. The backing paper is certainly right out of the white knee-high boots era when there was quite a length of leg between dress and boots if I recall!! Those were the days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the gorgeous colours on this card Di and the lovely stamp you've used too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so bright and pretty Di and love your beautiful fuchsias and many congratulations to Mrs A on her 100th challenge too. I have that freebie paper pad too and it definitely has that 60's vibe...I can just see you in your white boots. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Di is your card l love that backing paper which l'm sure l have of course it had to be pink and your fuchsias image is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Very nice it is IRL too. Thankyou so much. I love fushias so they were a good choice to go with this design paper which I also have. Drinks cupboard got truly raided yesterday. Hugs Mrs A.

      Delete
  10. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me for this celebration challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Di and the stamp does look super in the circle. Yes I remember that era very well and can say that I had a similar dress xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's an absolutely gorgeous card! Awesome backing paper and love the fuchsias. I bet you looked so cool in your dress and white boots! I would wear a dress with that fabric now - especially a long one - with matching lipstick of course! Hugs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.