Yet another Christmassy 'Snippets Playground Celebration' prize - and it's a bit of a bumper bundle again:
- 7" x 5" white card blank, side opening
- first I rummaged around in my snippets folder for all the coloured snippets, and used half another white card blank from the same line so that all the whites would be exactly the same shade (I often do this, must be the OCD in me!)
- my tip when making a hill and background as I've done is to make the whole thing bigger than you want the end result to be. First I die cut the white hill using a Spellbinders Borderabilities 'A2 Curved Borders' die with a pricked edge and used a mini tape runner to attach it to a piece of medium blue card
- then I trimmed the panel down to suit and glued it onto the card front - no worrying about the 'hill' lining up with the blue background!
- covered the reverse of the rest of the coloured card snippets with Stick-It - as well as a piece of white card for the snowman's body and the snowflakes
- die cut the snowman pieces using an Echo Park 'Snowman #2' set of dies and kept all the pieces in a little plastic tray
- die cut three snowflakes from white Stick-It backed card using the two smallest dies from the Sweet Dixie '4 Layering Snowflakes' set of dies
- now I could have a little play to see where the elements would go on the front panel in order to decide just where to place the sentiment
- stamped the sentiment using the Misti, Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from the Inkylicious 'Seasons Greetings' stamp set
- then the fun part, I built the snowman and added the three snowflakes
- the trickiest bit was adding the teensy little black eyes and 'buttons' (which are also die cut from black card) - but we got there once he stopped wriggling and squealing that I was tickling him!
- next, I used a black fine line marker to add his mouth (the die imprints little dotted indentations which makes it so much easier)
- finished off the snowflakes with clear Wink of Stella and popped a small clear gem in the centre of each one
We send a lot of cards to families with children so I'll be making a few more of these for sure. One way I just thought of to get round the tiny little eyes and buttons on the snowman would be to back the die cut holes with black card - one strip going down for the buttons and then a small one across the back of his eyes - before sticking the snowman to the front panel. Ain't hindsight marvellous!
And so, this is today's prize:
As I've previously said, I will split the prize if you don't want to play for all of it as a single bundle. Just state your preference in a comment and I'll take that into account when the time comes.
the end of all of the celebrations I'll do a massive draw session for all the prizes using
the one Mr Linky - which is on the main snippets post HERE
- so you do need to
have entered one snippets make over on that post during this fortnight
to be in with a chance :)
Maximum of one entry please - to keep things fair for those who may not
have time to craft - Mr Linky closes at 11am on Saturday 6th January.
I've spotted a couple of 'yes pleases' where folk haven't linked a snippets make as yet. They may be busy right now (as there are still a few days to go until entries close down) but I suspect that they may not understand that you must add a snippets make to Mr Linky. Mr Linky is pivotal as I use him to choose the winning numbers of course.
Just leave a comment on this post if you would like the chance to win today's prize.