I recently sold quite lot of my Stampin' Up stamps on Facebook - but (sigh) along the way I did give into temptation and buy some pre-loved ones. I did give each one serious thought and a lot more left the building than arrived here.
One of the stamp sets (I think it's about four years ago it came out?) just screamed to be used for a lovely blogging friend's Birthday a couple of weeks ago:
- A6 card blank, using SU's 'Pear Pizzazz' card stock
- the white layer was made using a piece of Strathmore Mixed MediaVellum surface 300gsm paper, with a rectangular aperture mask taped over the front. I used a Lil' Inkers Stitched Rectangle die to cut the aperture piece from a snippet of white card - and kept the stitched centre for future use as I was only using the outer part for now
- once the mask was taped in place, I just swiped and gently rubbed in two Tim Holtz Distress Oxide colours (Peeled Paint and Worn Lipstick') using a rounded cone/pear shaped makeup sponge
- removed the mask and then stamped the flower in place using a stamp from the SU 'Simply Sketched' set and Ranger 'Archival Black' ink
- at the same time I used another stamp from the same set to stamp the sentiment with the same black ink
- used an Olive Green Whispers marker for the stems as it has a really fine tip at one end
- then coloured the flower and bud using Ziggies and a waterbrush
- glued the panel to the card front and ran off to the Post Office - just in time!
One point, the set was unused, but wood mounted. So my SU Stamp-a-ma-jig was a real 'must' when positioning the flower and sentiment - never get rid of things like that even when there are Misti's to be had. Certainly not if you have lots of wood mounted stamps as I do - and I ain't about to even think about removing them from the wooden blocks.
I've done similar things with die cut apertures as a mask before and really should knuckle down and get more practice as it's such fun.