Sunday 22 October 2017

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 301 and 302 - results

Well! Not sure about you but what a week for weird weather down here in Hampshire, UK. Dry and sunny one minute and blowing a very wet storm the next. We're 'hunkered down indoors' as much as possible!

Let's get straight on with our Guest Designer for this fortnight:
No prizes for guessing - who else in our fabulous group alway pops up with a hamster cradled in her hand? Love this card made by our much loved Darnell!

And I also held the 'real' Hammy in my hand when he came to the UK for a visit last year! He's sweet, very soft but also alert at the same time - Darnell in a nut shell (and I mean it about the nut!) And this is the link to Darnell's post. And here's the happy lady herself:

This is what Darnell wrote - which is a quick summary of her blog:

A site for my handmade cards, accompanied by my photos and written meanderings which are occasionally witty, often tongue-in-cheek, and, rarely, profound. Beginning in June 2013, you'll also see lots of NBUS, which is an acronym I coined for Never-Before-Used Schtuff. Feel free to join in, use the acronym, and use up your NBUS, too! Thanks for coming by! Have a beverage and enjoy!

Do hop over to one of the funniest blogs going as well find out more about the cute snippets card of course!

Huge thanks to my lovely friend Darnell for being our ever-popular and well-loved GD this fortnight and also for being such a loyal Playmate over a good few years now.

Who knew that when we picked up on one another's blogs there would be such a friendship formed - I will never forget the fabby few days in Southampton on the first leg of your UK journey with you and so many other utterly wonderful ladies (what a magical day when we all congregated!) who are too many to name lest I miss one out.

Drum roll now - it's time for the fortnightly picks and, as always, so difficult to choose:

First of all, we have another Gold Star winner! This exploding box is absolutely stunning:

CraftDee Donna made this amazing creation - to see more views and also read just how it was made - do hop over to Donna's blog HERE. Well done Donna and do feel free to take a Gold Star badge from the right hand side bar. Well deserved!

For my three picks I settled on a bit of a theme when I looked through which entries I'd listed as possible picks - I chose shaped cards:
A double 'wow' when I saw this amazing card, made by Jane W. Again. super use of snippets and what a fabulous shape as well. I've never seen this style of 'Step Panel' card before, and thought I'd seen most of them - it's on my 'to do list' for sure! That's also one of the beauties about having the Playground picks - they make a great point of reference when I'm looking for inspiration - often ages down the line!

I just LOVE this bottle shaped card, made by Valerija! What a stunning card (which, if my Google translator can be trusted might be to say Happy 50th Birthday) - and the grape vines are such a clever addition as well!  Love this so much!

I know we recently had a really super retro style caravan/trailer as a pick - but here's another one for you - made by Mo. It's utterly fabulous and is for one of her daughters this coming Christmas. The round shape is perfect with the rounded shape of the caravan and so much lovely detail as well. Brilliant!

We had two new Playmates joining in the fun:

Kathy A
Hannah K
It's lovely to see new faces popping into the Playground, even after almost six years of running the challenge it still makes me happy to see 'newbies' - along with all our previous Playmates of course :)

Prize draw time now and our winner of MFT's 'Bold Stripes' Cover-up die plus MFT's 'Essential Sentiments' set of stamps is:
I know that Heather did once share in a prize and is very often in my fortnightly picks (also has two Gold Stars!), so it's high time she had another win! Can you please drop me an email with your address Heather - then I'll post your prize off to you as soon as possible. If you're quick off the mark I plan to go to our Post Office on Monday and will be able to post your prize staight away. My email address is on the right hand side bar.

It was quite interesting, I had to run Mr Random a few times as the first three names out of the hat were just playing for fun! But, I do think it worked out beautifully in the end.

Keep those snippets entries coming girls, you still have a week left to play HERE for weeks 303/304 remember! The prize is Avery Elle's 'Ribbit Ribbit' stamp set and MFT's 'Rectangle Peek-a-Boo Window' die. I will split the prize if you only want to play for part of it.

Love from the little white peril Parsnip. He came with me to the supermarket this week (riding high in the shopping trolley kiddie seat, so embarrassing - and he also insisted on the harness being buckled up to comply with UK H & S requirements needless to say). His aim was to choose choklits and such for Halloween. I shuddered at the chocolate 'eyeballs' that he wants to thrust into little kiddies unsuspecting hands when they come Trick or Treating. He's a bit of a naughty tinker really - but we still bought them, ha, ha!






26 comments:

  1. Thank you for the privilege of being one of your Guest Designers, Di! It's always such fun reading your spotlight posts and, goodness, you have picked some marvelous makes! I'm all thumbs with shaped cards so these impress me no end!! Great cards from our newbies, too! I hope your weather settles a bit so you can have your day out. Lots of hugs, Darnell (P: great selection for the treats for Halloween!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big Yay! for having Darnell around for a bit and a big Yay! for the gold star winner and top picks. Lovely. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see Darnell here So.. she's so funny and very talented. Yes what an odd week of weather..did you have the glowing sky too? Super picks..so many lovely snippets used. Parsnip is so thoughtful isn't he 🤣
    Have a great week ahead. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see Darnell in the GD spot this week - her blog never fails to raise a smile and lots of lovely card ideas too. Nice for Parsnip to meet up with Hammy even if it is only in blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see Darnell as guest this fortnight, and thanks for a reminder of that super day when we all met up - even if Sue and I thought we were going to be stuck in traffic all day and never get there! Thanks for including me among the lovely picks
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did here that someone had been trying to pay for their sweeties using old one pound coins. Never a dull moment round here. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Heather! It's lovely to see Darnell as Guest Designer and love her cute Hammie card. Great picks as always and welcome to the new playmates. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is always wonderful to see Darnell, she bring such happiness to everything she does. Your picks this week are really unique and show such great creativitity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to the lucky winners and to the lovely Darnell on the GDTM slot

    Happy Sunday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! loved all the creations :) such a visual treat !
    Hugs
    Preeti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful to have Darnell as your GD this time Di as she always injects such fun into her cards, and congratulations to the showcased designs all such clever use of those snippets and especially the gold star make by Donna. Finally congratulations to Heather for winning that great prize. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful picks and lovely to see Darnell in the guest spot. Congrats to Heather on her win.

    Have a good week.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. How nice to see Darnell as your guest designer and her card is so adorable l just love Hammy ....great picks Di and many congratulations to Heather take care sending lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some gorgeous picks this week, congratulations to all and super to see Darnell in the GDT.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my!!! That card with Hammy is just too much fun and cool!! Well done Darnell! :D And congrats for your GD!
    Amazing pics and big congrats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  16. those are so nice!
    cngrats to winner!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great to have Darnell as your GD this week with her super card. She sure managed to meet up with a lot of bloggers on her UK travels. If you're reading this Darnell, I'll never be able to look a whitebait in the eye again after your visit. 😉

    Great picks again, Di. I love how you choose a theme for your picks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card from Darnell, as always and stunning picks.
    Hugs,
    Em xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely thrilled to see my card in your picks. Thank you.
    Congratulations to other picks, gold star and to the winner.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay! Darnell as guest designer, so cool and a fab hammy card too! Lots of lovely memories from Southampton! One of my favourite days ever! Some true friends made! Fabulous gold star winner and top picks - I am in awe of them all! Gorgeous cards from the newbies too! Congratulations to Heather and Its good to hear Parsnip is being a little pickle as always! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing picks and an amazing guest designer x

    ReplyDelete
  22. How great to see Darnell as guest designer and the sentiment on her card couldn't be a more perfect description of her. Super picks again, congrats to Heather and a big hi to the new playmates xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic picks this week and so lovely to see Darnell as GD this week!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely to see Darnell as GD and a fab sentiment on her card. Extra clever picks this week - I think I need to up my game!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooh... just saw I got a Gold Star :-)) (Actually the lovely Mrs A gave me a heads up, ta muchly Mrs A!
    Anyway thanks so much for the pick, it rally gave me a lift, Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.