I made these last week and, for once, I'm straight into Scrappy Mo's Rudolph Days Challenge (for July) which runs until the end of the month. In fact, I think I first saw this stamp set over at Mo's?!
Made four exactly the same:
- 5" x 5" square white card blank
- white card square, already cut to the size I wanted - onto which I stamped the image, using the Misti, Ranger Archival 'Black' ink and Hobby Art's 'Christmas Past' stamp set
- then positioned and stamped the sentiment, from the same stamp set, using SU's 'Real Red' ink
- ha, then I went to use my Zigs and thankfully tried on a piece of scrap card first - oopsie, I hadn't used the right card for the four images lined up ready to be coloured and it was certainly going to 'bobble'
- quick about turn and used Faber Castell Polychromos pencils with Sansodor blending solution instead - phew, close call!!
- ran a gold Calligraphy pen around the edge of the coloured image square
- mounted the image square onto slightly larger dark green card (snippets, yay!) and then onto gold mirri card
- glued the whole panel onto the card front and felt there was just 'something' missing
- out came the Josy Rose hot nail heads and I just covered the three holly berries with red, shiny nail heads - what a difference, and still small letter size!
Cutting the little image squares to size before stamping was helpful - but, I wouldn't like to try it without the aid of the Misti 'Creative Corners' - which 'push' the card away from the very edges of the Misti base. I can thoroughly recommend those and am sure they would work well with (ahem) other similarly designed brands of stamp positioner :)