Wednesday 28 October 2015

In my thoughts and in my heart

We all know that Sympathy cards are so very difficult to make, especially when they're for someone you just wish you could scoop up in yours arms and hug.

I recently made this card for our blogging friend Brenda, after hearing that her much loved husband Dwayne had passed away:
I used:

- approx 4.252 x 5.75" white card blank

- next cut a piece of white card, slightly over sized and embossed it using a Cuttlebug 'Pinking Stitch' embossing folder and trimmed down to size

- worked out where I wanted the sentiment to fit and before stamping it I die cut the flower aperture using Penny Black's 'Bashful' die

- next, added the sentiment using Memento 'London Fog' ink and a stamp from the Inky Doodles set called 'In my Heart'

- used the die cut flower from the card front and also die cut another flower head, coloured both with Whispers markers

- then added some sticky film behind the aperture and popped the whole flower in place followed by gluing on the top layer - to make the flower look fuller

- stuck the whole image layer onto the card front, still using Collall glue until I find out how to use tape without positioning it wonky

- added three plain sequins

- final touch, clear Wink of Stella on the petals and leaves - then some 'Tea Dye' Distress Stickles to the centre of the flower

Made with a heavy heart but a whole lot of love.

Di
x

34 comments:

  1. And I'm sure she found it comforting too, it's super

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di, it's beautiful. I know Brenda felt the same way and appreciated it so much too. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You couldn't find a better card to bring much-need comfort and understanding, Di. Brenda will cherish this and your kind words. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely sympathy card, Di! I know Brenda treasures it at this time of unimaginable grief. You're a sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous wonderful card - not too over the top and mushy - just perfect :-) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's perfect Di....so sad, may he rest in peace x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Di, oooooozes with love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card for a sad occasion.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning, Di :)
    Beautiful design... Or I should say understated beauty at it's best.
    Perfect for such a sad occasion. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. A recently bereaved friend told me it was lovely to have a beautiful card rather than one which screams someone has died. Her words. This is beautiful. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Di . . . this is a lovely card for a sad occasion and the sentiment is heartfelt and sure to give comfort.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and lovely sentiment for such a sad occasion xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Di...it says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a beautiful card Di and the sentiment is absolutely perfect. Barb xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful card that is perfect for a sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful Di and I'm sure Brenda will have really appreciated receiving this 'from the heart' card. That Cuttlebug embossed frame really sets off the pretty die cut flower and the sequins and lovely sentiment are perfect finishing touches. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just perfect, Di. I'm sure Brenda appreciated such a beautiful card. The sentiment says it all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very sweet and beautiful CAS, I know that your dear friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simple, classy and perfect, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is very pretty & serene, just perfect for the needs at this moment. Brenda will so appreciate it. Thanks for being such a sweetie. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. A beautiful card Di,perfect for such a sad occasion.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know Brenda loved this card as much as I do. It's beautiful, serene, thoughtful, and at the same time it reminds me that I need to use that embossing folder more often! Very pretty card Di!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A beautiful card and I love the simplicity of it, just perfect, I am sure she not only loved it, but appreciated it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am sure it brought great comfort to Brenda. It is a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful simpathy card
    ...sometimes is really hard
    big hug Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card Di. I always find it hard making these.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aww this is just absolutely perfect Di!
    I know what you mean, you can never put enough love on the front of a card to show how much you really want to give them! That sentiment is just perfect though!
    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card Di, I'm sure it was appreciated x

    ReplyDelete
  29. A beautiful card for a sad occasion, I am sure your friend appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is a beautiful card for a very sad occasion, Di! I'm sure Brenda will feel the love that goes with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.