Friday 30 January 2015

Lotus Blossom 'Thank you'

I was determined to have the 'Lotus Blossom' set, currently on offer as a 'freebie' in SU's 'Sale-a-bration' event. Was almost thwarted by Royal Mail but Vicky sorted things out for me - and the other day I had such fun playing with the set for the first time:

I used:

- A6 white card blank, tent style

- a slightly smaller layer of white card with the bottom edge punched using Martha Stewart's 'Lattice Edge' punch, popped onto the card using thin sticky pads

- SU's 'Lotus Blossom' stamp set which I used as I'd read elsewhere - the clear polymer stamps come numbered 1,2, and 3. I reversed the order and stamped using them in the order of 3,2 and 1 - with just one ink pad - SU's 'Pretty In Pink' - thereby building the colour up with each additional stamping. The stem was stamped using SU's 'Certainly Celery' and the sentiment (one of two included in the set) was stamped using Memento 'Gray Flannel' ink

- then I die cut the image using a Lil' Inkers 'Stitched Rectangle' die then glued it onto a backing of SU's 'Pink Pirouette' card stock, before adding that double layer onto the card using thin sticky pads

Remember, the Playground is open for an extra day this week, so the gates are open until 11am on Sunday morning. They will then re-open at midnight.

AND, if you love the look of this stamp set - Eve, one of our regular snippets playground playmates, has a draw for one over on her blog HERE. I truly recommend that you go and try to win this stamp set - all you have to do is be a follower, leave a comment and of course link in your own blog to spread the word. Sorry but it's UK only!

Di
x

25 comments:

  1. So soft and beautiful! I'm loving this stamp and played with it a lot this week! I just visited Cuttlebug Mania and I was so tickled to see your pretty face peering out at me! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just lovely Di! I can see why you had to have that flower, and I love the stitched rectangles too! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love the soft beautiful colours :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card Di, such delicate colours and a fab stamp.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gentle and beautiful
    love your card
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Di, so ethereal looking x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Di - its a gorgeous stamp isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Di - its a gorgeous stamp isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely Di, so soft and pretty and the MS punched edge is a beautiful addition. Congratulations on joining the Cuttlebug Mania DT too! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh this is so elegant Di and what a beautiful flower and l'm loving your stitched edge it's so effective xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh such a soft , pretty and elegant and card. Fabulous stamp...........all so classsy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely love the set and your card, Di! Vicky is amazing (she's my upline). I hope you're enjoying Lotus Blossom week over on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the look of this card Di. Very pretty stamp. Love the look of the die too.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Di, lovely flower stamp.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my Di, this is a beautiful card!! I ordered this sweet stamp set too and can't wait to get my hot little hands on it! lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really beautiful card Di. Love the soft colours of the stamping and fabulous lattice panel xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Di this is really stunning have a fabulous weekend huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Di - I had to have this stamp as well. using it in class tomorrow :-) Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I swear I didn't notice this set in the Sale-A-Bration catalog so I went and looked it up. It is so blah until it is done up and done up right like you have here. Your card is quite stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh what a beautiful card, Di! I have that border punch & haven't used it for ages, but now I want to dig it out!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pleased to hear you got your hands on the Lotus Blossom - great card you've made with it. Had to smile at your carpet showroom post too!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning card Di - very elegant.

    Thanks for the shout out for my blog candy.

    Hope you have a fabulous weekend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the soft,warm feel to this card, I can sure see why you like this set..looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awww such a pretty and very pink card there Miss.
    Lovely to see you again earlier. Wont be long til the next time.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.