Sunday 13 February 2011

Birthday card for a GorJuss friend

I know from my friend Moira that these little cuties always go down well - so I turned to some GorJuss decoupage when making a card for a friend whose birthday almost snuck up on me. Need to post it tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed it arrives on Tuesday!

The decoupaged image is from a GorJuss kit of course. The pearly pink background is from a DCVW beautiful Luxury Stock pad with a gorgeous shimmer to it (note to self - use more of this!).

The flower is cut from left over bits of the same card - waste not, want not - using Tim Holtz's tattered Floral dies then a little Prima brad added.  And Tim Holtz dies do work beautifully in my little pink Cuttlebug despite some sellers saying they are only for a couple of other die cutting machines. You just use less/thinner CB plates.......simples! The cream slotted lace came from e-bay, pink ribbon from my stash and the little 'Made With Love' heart is from my stash, tied with pink and white bakers twine.

The sentiment is a new venture too, it's a Whimsy ticket stamp and I also got the die to cut it out - if you buy one and wonder how on earth to use the little piece of plastic that comes with the die then go here for a tutorial, I had to!! My only extra tip would be to also hold the die in place with easy removeable tape when you actually do the die cutting. Dumbo here sent to the States for them and I now know they are available over here in the UK.......although at the time places seemed to be out of stock. Still, for once I didn't get stung for import duty :))

OMG! This is my 100th post too!

Di
x

4 comments:

  1. Hi Di,
    Having recieved one of your stunning cards yesterday I have to now say I know first hand just how special your cards are. Thank you so much for the one you made me....I may well blog it tomorrow so show the world just how clever you are :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi A,
    Am so glad you like it - made with love and much gratitude for the super PIF gifts! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stash is something I dream of!! Love this gorjuss girlie, so pretty in your fave colour too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your cards just keep getting better havent thrown either of my gorjus girl cards out

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.