Friday 15 October 2010

Chilli eatin' House Meece

Today is my OH's birthday! A friend gave me a House Mouse decoupage sheet from the Food and Drink set - just perfect! He loves hot food and would eat chilli con carne anytime! You can buy the House Mouse decoupage sets here - and postage is free!



I wrote my 'slushy' message before I remembered to take a photo - oops! Here's a close-up of the main part of the card. I just love the little mouse gulping water :)



I made an easel card using cream linen cardstock topped with Core'dinations reddish coloured card, embellished with cream Card Candy. The button was from my stash and I tied a little piece of raffia through the button rather than the usual girlie organza ribbon. From a covering sheet, which comes with all the House Mouse designs, I cut out a little mouse to go alongside the sentiment - thanks for the idea Pauline...........and thanks for the chilli eatin' decoupage sheet!

I tend to sit in bed with my morning cup of tea, tray on lap, snipping out decoupage (I know, how sad is that!) whilst OH watches the early morning news. I actually cut this little lot of decoupage out with him sitting right next to me and he didn't even notice! Hmm, I wonder what THAT says?! :)

BTW, he loved the card! I wonder what will be on the menu for dinner this evening :)

Di
x

2 comments:

  1. I love the house mousies :) I'd love the decoupage too if it were die cut but I don't think I could snip all round it! My fingers get really achey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helena
    I know what you mean - I have to do a little bit at a time :( It's therapeutic in some ways but not kind to arthritic old bidddies like me :) Am sending you an email!
    Di x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.