Sunday 6 February 2022

New challenge open over at the new Snippets Playground!

This is my snippets card:

I used:

- 6" x 6" square kraft card blank

- snippet of approx. 5.25" x 5.25" white card onto which I stamped the image, using stamps from Uniko's 'Floral Vines' stamp and Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink

- added the sentiment, from the same stamp set

- coloured the image using Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils, using later Summer to Autumn colours to tone in with the kraft card

- die cut four identical pieces to make the 'frame' using white snippets and a die from a brilliant set of dies by Clearly Besotted called 'Frame It Die Collection'

- glued the background image onto the card front 

- then glued the frame pieces in place - see note below

- added three clear 'raindrops' from Lucy's Little Things - using Cosmic Shimmer glue - I recently decided to try the glue again after early failures and found it perfect for attaching little 'doo-dads', as Darnell would say. I should have persevered with the first bottle I had quite a few years ago - and that was SaRn I think who recommended it! Basically I think I snipped too much from the applicator back than - now I just have a bead topped pin stick in the very teeny, tiny hole in the new bottle to keep it airtight

- finished!

The stamping took a fair bit of measuring and lining up with the aid of the Misti as the set comes with just the one floral image which you need to flip the other way round and stamp twice for my chosen design - but when it worked perfectly (with the aid of a grid lined piece of acrylic) I sure was a happy bunny! The real secret is to line up the ends of the lines underneath the 'Floral Vine' stamp - not the centre flower as I was tempted to do.

The frame dies are such a great idea - no doubt I spotted one of you Playmates using them at some point last year - I've had mine for a few months waiting to be used. The set comes with six different lengths of the corner ended dies, certainly in two, perhaps three, different widths/thicknesses but I don't want to unearth my own set again and cut more die cuts to prove it. So, you can make square frames or mix two different lengths of dies to make rectangular frames. Very clever, although it already seems to be discontinued over at Clearly Besotted, sigh. Whisper, other companies also sell similar sets - including Ali Express.

I did have to juggle around a bit with the frame pieces, purely because if anyone can attach stuff on the 'wonk' it's me. So, I flipped the pieces over and attached a narrow strip of sellotape across each corner before adding some glue and then 'going for it'! That allowed me some 'wiggle room'. ☺ And another tip - do check that your chosen frame will work with the size of image you want to use. I almost slipped up on that one early on in the process!

Do hop over to the Snippets Playground and see what this fortnight's prize is if you like this card. And you can also enter just for the fun of it as well!

I'd like to enter my card into Darnell's NBUS February Challenge #35 - HERE.

Player's Badge

 



13 comments:

  1. Wahoooooo! Who doesn’t love a new Sunday Morning Snippets Playground Challenge?

    Would you believe it tho? There’s already a queue for tea, coffee and crumpets in the Early Bird Breakfast Club up in the Treehouse!!!! Got my pinny on!!!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Di and the 'doo-dads' are the perfect finishing touch.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Di this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card Di is so lovely and the goodies used are fabulous two x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, love the frame and the droplet "doo-dads" are a lovely finishing touch x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful CAS snippets design, Di! I love the mirror stamping (well done!), your coloring, and that all-over stitched frame! And those sweet dew droplets were the perfect choice. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely. Your way of using cas looks is always spot on - and on this card I really-really-really like those dew drops.

    Hugs,
    Eemeli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very stylish card Di ... love the CAS layout and Uniko stamps. Also want to let you know I have now made a card with one of the stamp sets I won in the Grand Draw and published it on my blog on Saturday ... I gave the Grand Draw and you (for you amazing effort in organising it) a shout out !!
    Hugs
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an elegant and beautiful card Di, love the frame and the stamp.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card Di. Love the stamps and colours. Stay safe and well. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully framed, beautifully colored, and so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This floral is a favourite image of mine and I love how you've used it here Di with that innovative frame. I'm frankly open mouthed at your perfect raindrops - I have tried and failed and could do with an in depth tutorial I think!! Hugs, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.