Wednesday 25 April 2018

Rudolph Day - April 2018

I forgot to add my usual reminder to Sunday's snippets post - it's Rudolph Days from today until the end of the month over at ScrappyMo's HERE!

This card is my entry, and I managed to make three of them exactly the same:
I used:

- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening

- white card stock, onto which I stamped the image using the Misti, a Tim Holtz Distress Oxide 'Iced Spruce' ink pad and the fabulous Inkylicious 'Winter Snow Pines - Large' stamp

- I positioned the stamp on the Misti and used card which was larger then I wanted the final result to be so I could trim it down to suit once the stamping of the trees was done

- for the first stamping I inked up the stamp and stamped it off onto a scrap of paper before then stamping onto the card panel (aka 2nd generation stamping)

- then, I moved the stamp about half an inch to the left and stamped it again (leaving out the 2nd generation step) for a darker image

- then trimmed the panel down to quarter of an inch smaller all round than the card front

- used the Misti to add the sentiment in the top left hand corner with a stamp from the Paper Smooches 'Christmas Sampler' set and a Dew Drop Brilliance ink pad called 'Crimson Copper' - which is a perfect match to the deep red mat/frame I wanted to use

- then added some 'Art of Craft' own brand micro glitter to the trees using a Zig glue pen (needless to say it's impossible to capture the lovely sparkle on camera although if you enlarge the photo and peer very closely some of it does show up, sigh)

- brushed any excess off using a large soft make-up brush - valuable piece of craft equipment!

- trimmed down a deep red card snippet to an eight of an inch all round larger than the image panel and ran a dark red Whispers pen around the cut edge as the off white core of the card was irritating me (OCD strikes again!)

- then glued the image panel onto the red mat before gluing to the card front

I bought this stamp before Christmas and offered one as a prize - after seeing what a lovely card Sarn had made using her stamp set. I just couldn't find a nice enough blue in amongst the 1001 ink pads lurking here so opted for the 'Iced Spruce' - which then needed a pop of deep red and some sparkle to bring it more alive.

Thinking about it, the Tim Holtz 'Broken China' Distress Oxide ink pad would have probably worked fine as it's such a pretty shade of blue - one to remember for next time.





24 comments:

  1. Wow! These pines are just stunning, it seems to me to can really see the snow! I can see a bit of sparkling here and there, but I'm sure that there is much more IRL! :D Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning card. The pine trees look very detailed and the depth you have created with your stamping is great xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fab in iced spruce. Terrific card mate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card Di - the colours are perfect.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Di this is a gorgeous Christmas card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card Di, I love the way you've managed to make it look misty.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These large pine trees are stunning onyour pretty card. I loved the pop of colour with the sentiment too!

    The trees are well done with the shadow stamping. I did not realize that you had done that until I read the post. I thought it was a stamp image of four trees. Well done you! And four finished too...another Well Done!

    Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think these beautiful trees are on my wish list now Di and they work well using the Iced Spruce DI and the red frames them perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful, Di. And the color is perfect xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Di l love the stamped trees and how you stamped them larger to cut down so effective it is too! nice coloured edge just finishes of your card to perfection Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really beautiful trees and a great decision on the pop of red.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha did make me larf, 1001 ink pads lol.....lovely card Di, Happy RD xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Di, a gorgeous layered stamped card, is it me or does it seem like they are swaying? Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha - it could be that I didn't trim the card srtaight?! x

      Delete
  14. I am a bit of a realist so I like the iced spruce for your trees. Love that stamp too and the sentiment is interesting, which I also like. Lovely card. Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooo well done you for making 3 fabby cards and I'm loving the iced spruce for the trees too, thanks for joining us at April's Rudolph's Day Challenge, luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a pretty card with a great, simple design! I love the iced spruce color with the pop of red, and I'm sure that sparkle looks much prettier in person too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the layered trees, it's a beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful look with the soft layering you did. This looks like a very foggy snowy morning in the forest. Pretty tree stamp too, and you've used it so well. TFS & cuddles to P. Hugs to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a similar stamp, I just adore these great trees.
    A beautiful card with such a serene scene.
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous! I do love those winter pines! You have made a beautiful card with them...thinking I might need the large ones as well as the small ones...

    ReplyDelete
  21. A gorgeous card. I will make a card or two with my prize one day I promise. I have been recovering from surgery, so just trying to catch up now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.