Sunday 6 March 2011

Sympathy card

As my friend Moira knows, if our parents abandoned us had to leave us behind at boarding school in Germany, due to our Dads being posted back to the UK, they had to appoint guardians for us. This happened to me and a really lovely couple called Alice and Frank, who were good friends with my parents, took me under their wings for half term breaks etc. I think the main reason was in case they needed to sign for any emergency operations and so on and I felt very treasured because, although they had no children of their own, they coped admirably with a 17 year old lovesick teenager!

Sadly, my adopted 'Auntie Alice' died a week ago and I sent this card to Frank - they had been married for over 50 years I believe. I kept it simple yet as elegant as possible, given that Alice was always such a quietly elegant lady herself - the image is a Penny Black one - 'Letters and flowers'.


RIP Alice and thinking of my lovely 'Uncle Frank' - so very sad.

Di
x

4 comments:

  1. What a beautifully simple card Di.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely card Di. This really is a calming card and will be well received.

    Hugs

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to also add that how sad that Alice has died - poor Frank. Its nice that you have fond memories of them both.

    Paulax x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.