Pages

Sunday, 20 September 2026

Sunday Snippets - Little Ducklings!

My snippets make today is actually two cards, same design featuring different images and sentiments: 




I used:

- A6 off-white Papermania Tri Fold Window Photo Aperture card- snippets of pale ivory card, snippets of 150 gsm vellum and snippets of double sided - sticky paper. I chose pale ivory card to blend better with the off-white card blank

- I had a set of cute little duckling stickers from Temu, so I used a couple of those for the cards. Next I do plan to die cut some of my own aperture layers but for now I'm still taking it steady in the craft room

- first the little duckling sticker was adhered onto a piece of vellum then backed the vellum with double sided sticky paper, flipped the image over, peeled off the protective backing and popped a piece of pale ivory card onto the sticky. This gave a solid backing adhered to the image sitting on top of vellum - using vellum is still the best backing for these stickers. They are meant for adhering to glass, plain pottery mugs and such - but when you peel off the sticky surround on paper you also wreck the card surrounding the image!  Just a heads up - be sure to look for something like UV DTF Stickers if you don't want stickers with clear surrounds. There are some lovely ones but the UV DTF Stickers are the most realistic IMHO'

- used red line extra sticky tape to adhere the image behind the aperture and also to adhere the folded front panel over the image piece of the card

- then, with heart in mouth, I stamped the sentiments using VersaFine Clair ink 'Nocturne' and a 'Speedy Recovery' sentiment stamps from a Hunkydory 'For the Love of Stamps' set called Bees and Butterflies. Plus a general 'Lovely Day' stamp from Penny Black's 'Super Day' stamp se.; The Penny Black sentiments are so much finer - but needs must when you need a particular occasion's sentiment!

- the finishing touch was a few deep  red enamelled dots beside the sentiment

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Allsorts Challenge #858 - HERE - under 'Sympathy/Thinking of You/Get Well' - I was so determined to join in with the theme!

Darnell's NBUS Challenge #90 HERE- the little duckling stickers were out to play for the first time

Dudley Pupdate: We lost Dudley the other afternoon! Len hunted and we both called for ages, Then, we finally spotted him having a good snooze on the floor - stretched along one side of the bed - blending in very nicely with the bedding! He must have been having a little chuckle at our expense I'm sure. He's pretty good at playing possum when he doesn't want to be disturbed!

The results and winner of Challenge #540 can be found HERE .

Sarn's current challenge is halfway through over in the Snippets Playground - just scroll down from the results post. Autumn is on the way so it won't be long before pumpkin carving time and jacket potatoes!

Love from myself and Dudley, 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.