I lost most of this post so here is a reconstruction - minus any comments you might have made. Just for the record. These are cards I made for Challenge #460 over at The Snippets Playground:
- a 'Dee' stamp from the A & C 'Miss Dee #704' set to stamp the image onto two snippets of white card for the image panels and also onto the green and terracotta snippets - bearing in mind I only needed the middle part of the image (dress and handbag) - using a Versafine Clair 'Nocturne ink pad). All of the patterned snippets were all from the Studio Calico 'Snippets' paper pad - appropriate huh?!
- then stamped the snarky sentiments, using the same ink pad and a 'drive me crazy' sentiment from the 'Dee Says #790' sentiment set. The 'nicer person' sentiment on the second card is from the same set as the image came from. Bit vicious but it did remind me of a particularly unpleasant teacher from my school days!
- then coloured the images using Polychromos pencils before adding the dresses and handbags - which I switched around
- trimmed one patterned snippet to a quarter of an imch smaller all round than the card blank and glued it in place. Then had to cut into a fresh sheet to do the same for the other card - but as someone recently commented, we have to cut into fresh sheets to create snippets!
- then die cut the image panels using a die by Heffy Doodle from their 'Stitched A6 rectangles' set
- spent ages carefully snipping out the dresses and handbags (those were easier!) before gluing them onto the images
- glued the image panels to the card fronts
- the dresses have stamped 'beads' around Dee's neck - so I popped some self-adhesive teeny, tiny pearls in place
- yay, finished!
I'd like to add this card into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #53
Dudley Pupdate: SORRY folks - that got lost but it's very likely he was into a pickle of one sort or another!
Love from myself and Dudley - as always