The Snippets Playground is celebrating 11 years since I took on the running of it from dear Jules. Where did the time go?
We have a new challenge (with a theme) in the Playground plus a great prize to celebrate. Hop over HERE to visit our Sarn who is running the challenge, and also to find out more.
I made a snippets Birthday card:
|Started out with a bunch of snippets, left over from recent cards I've made|
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, tent style
- a snippet/panel of 5.25" x 4" black card, glued onto the card front
- snippet of white card, trimmed to 5" x 3.75"
- then cut lots of 'Happy Birthday' die cuts using a sentiment die from the NBUS Altenew 'Essential Sentiment Strips Die Set' and three different colours of card snippets
- used a glue pen to create a sort of 'brick wall' background with the die cuts. I worked from the top down and then from the bottom up in order to leave a gap just below the centre of the card
- filled the gap with a snippet of black card trimmed down to fit snugly
- then used a 'celebrate' die from the Paper Smooches 'Birthday Wishes' set of dies and a snippet of the red card to cut the scroll script word. That was quite tricky as the sentiment falls into four pieces when it's actually die cut....grrrrr.
- to get around the placement I used a piece of white card which was longer and wider then the space I needed it to fit into and taped the surrounding part (waste) from the die cut in place as a 'template' then carefully added the letters back into the slots using a glue pen, before removing the red 'waste and gluing a second set of the letters on top for more dimension
- trimmed the white panel to size and glued it in place
- then added the whole panel to the card front using Collall All Purpose glue
- something was missing, so I added a few gold star Josy Rose Hot Fix nail heads
Phew - once again, I potentially bit off more than I could chew as all the die cutting, even using my baby Altenew machine, then the gluing and snipping the sides took ages! The card is destined for Len's G. Nephew Edward later this month - for once I'm a bit ahead of myself!
I'd like to enter this card into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #46 - the set of Altenew dies are NBUS.
I'm conscious that my last three cards have used very similarly coloured snippets - time for a total change for my next offering!
Dudley is fed up with all the rain we've been having - same as most of us I expect. I suppose at least, so far, it isn't snow! It's a dull and gloomy afternoon as I'm typing this and Dudley is cosied up in one of his favourite spots - under my corner desk with his nose pressed up against my slipper. I'm tempted to get under there with him for a nice snuggle!
Love from Dudley and me,