I'm back as Dotty Jo's guest designer for the month of June - over at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge - HERE! Delighted to be asked again - and also having more time to play, as I keep saying.
I LOVE this 'paws' theme - and had no trouble deciding what stamp set to use for my card - and everything (for once) just seemed to flow perfectly:I used:
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, tent style
- images from MFT's 'Happy Pawlidays' stamp set, stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink
- I did a lot of stamping using the same set all at once so I die cut all the images using the matching dies and then coloured them all in together, using Pro markers
- then die cut the snowy bank (wider than I needed for the end result) using a die from the Lawn Fawn 'Stitched Hillside Borders' set of dies
- die cut the 'frame' from a snippet of white card using a die from the Avery Elle 'Postage Stamp' set of dies
- then, trimmed a piece of paper from the 'Blurry Flurries' paper pad and glued the 'snowy hill' onto the bottom and them trimmed the overlapping sides of the hillside to fit
- then glued the panel onto the card front - bit of measuring when doing the initial cutting but easier than attaching the frame to the paper then adding it. And that little tip has taken me umpteen years to fathom out - although I do admit the frame I used has enough width to accommodate errors!
- so, the little scene was all set and I just needed to add the image pieces - glue the parcels in place then add the pooch using thin sticky pad pieces
- whilst doing all the initial stamping I'd also stamped some sentiments from the same MFT 'Happy Pawlidays' set so I then die cut one using a die from the Frantic Stamper 'Stitched Fishtail Banners' set of dies
- added the die cut sentiment to the top left hand side of the card - finished
I kept it sparkle free rather than 'over egg the pudding'. Just spotted the funny stripe behind the doggies ear - it's a little shadow as the pooch was adhered using sticky pads!
Many thanks to Jo for inviting me to be a Guest Designer over at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge and I'd really love it if you would come along and join in with the challenge - this is the LINK. It's open until the end of the month so you have plenty of time.HERE. The MFT stamps and dies have been waiting to come out and play for ages!
A really lovely happy card all ready for Christmas - love it. Congratulations on being chosen as guest designer, great that you now have a bit more time to 'do your own thing'.ReplyDelete
Awwww.... Adorable!!! Love your card so much!! Congrats for your GD!! Very well deserved!!ReplyDelete
Hugs... and some cuddles for Dudley!
Oooh, that's a cutie!! So adorable...ReplyDelete
This is absolutely adorable! Love that hungry little pup looking for his stocking to be filled with treats!ReplyDelete
Congrats on your GD spot.ReplyDelete
Great Christmas card with super die cutting and colouring. Xxx
Prachtige kerstkaart Di.ReplyDelete
A very cute image Di and a gorgeous card. Hugs, Carol S.xxxReplyDelete
Congrats on hosting the Challenge! Great theme! You know I LOVE PUPS!ReplyDelete
Fabulous fun card Di xxxReplyDelete
Adorable dog! Great use of traditional Christmas red and green on the stocking and gifts. Love the paper you used for the sky - perfect wintery feeling.ReplyDelete
So happy to have you with me again, Di! Your card is lovely and that pup is a perfect choice for the challenge, Jo xReplyDelete
What a cutie Di - Does Dudley pose for pictures like that?ReplyDelete
No Maxine! Dudley isn't a pup who will happily pose. Generally, any photos I do take of him, are literally just seizing the moment. xDelete
I adore this cute little doggie with his stocking and parcels Di, and some super colouring in the red and green which always shouts Christmas to me. The snowy blue sky dp goes brilliantly, also the die cut postage stamp edged frame and the snow hill looks great too, and finished with a lovely fun sentiment. Congratulations on being GD for June over at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge, and thank you so much for coming to join us at the NBUS Challenge this month. xReplyDelete
Ooh many congratulations Di on your guest designer your card is just so cute l love the frame and the image so beautifully put together beautiful background too xxReplyDelete
Totally adorable, Di! Love your sweet pup with his red and green stockings. :) Makes me smile. xxReplyDelete
Really cute image Di and it makes a lovely Christmas card. xxReplyDelete
Delighted to see you guest designing over at Christmas Kickstart Di! And I love your little pooch, such a cutie, and framed beautifully by your fab postage stamp die!ReplyDelete
Just so darn cute - adorable.ReplyDelete
Such a darling pup, Di - congrats on being an elf again!!ReplyDelete