Crumbs, where did time go since the last time we played over at ScrappyMo's Rudolph Day Challenge? Almost got caught out so had to do some swift card making yesterday. Whilst at it I also made my card suitable for some other challenges, listed at the end of this post. Here's the card I made, one of four exactly the same - to also catch up a bit on my slipping Christmas card target:
- 6" x 4" white card blank
- piece of slightly smaller white card, embossed using SU's 'Softly Falling' embossing folder. The idea from this came from THIS card, made by Carol L which I had as a pick on my Sunday Snippets post 10 days ago
- then I used Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from the Paper Smooches sentiments set called 'Christmas Sampler' to stamp 'Merry Chrismas' in the bottom right corner, where the falling snow leaves a very convenient flat patch. Glued it to the card front
- wanting to make four cards quickly I very wisely (not) chose to stamp and colour four images all the same, when will I learn!? Used a darling snowman stamp that Andrea (KandA) sent me recently. I have no idea of the make or name except that he's unmounted red rubber, stamps like a dream and is just so cute! Any ideas folks? Elzybells? LOTV?
- stamped the little chap using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and then coloured him in using Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils and Sansodor blending fluid before trimming right round his outline
- added some clear Wink of Stella to the fur trimmings on his Santa hat and jacket and some gold to the buckle and the 'nail heads' on his placard using a Signo 'Sparkling Gold' pen
- die cut a white panel using a die from the 'Rounded Banner' set of dies made by MFT, then cut a larger panel using a die one size up and red pearlescent card - sent to me just this week by the lovely Donna. Of course, I'd chosen the reds in the image to tone with the pearlescent card - I'm not totally daft!
- then assembled the topper panel using Collall All Purpose glue and popped the snowman on top before adding the whole thing to the card front using thin sticky pads
Shame it's so hard to catch the lovely gold sparkle on his buckle and the placard - it just looks a bit grubby and patchy in the photo, sigh. And, another time I'd leave his hand white maybe - I just thought 'mitten' when I was colouring :)
As I said above, I'd also like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge 291 'Use a sentiment'
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for July 'Always anything goes'
Merry Monday 'Christmas in Summer Link-Up' 'Use a snowman'
'Merry Monday' is actually taking a Summer break, as they do each year, but, this time they're inviting us to make our entries over the next five or so weeks using any previous theme. What a great idea and also, at the end there's a draw to win a Starbucks Gift Card. It's in dollars so I'm wondering if the air fare is included? Sigh, I thought not! I chose a previous Merry Monday theme of 'Use a Snowman' - April 2014, challenge #103.