- 5.5" x 4.25" tent style card blank - made from Crafter's Companion 300gsm water colour card, with half an inch trimmed from the front lower edge
- a black die cut daisy frame which had been lying on my desk, since it arrived as a freebie with an order
- Penny Black 'Soft Wings' butterfly stamp, stamped onto Crafter's Companion water colour card using Ranger 'Jet Black' Archival ink
- coloured the butterfly using Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils and Sansodor blending solution then tickled over parts of the butterfly with a clear Wink of Stella brush pen
- hand cut the butterfly and set it aside (had a quick lie down to recover)
- die cut a border strip for the bottom of the card as the 'over the edge' element using a snippet of black card stock and MFT's Die-namics 'Faux Crochet Border'
- added the border strip to the card front using narrow red line tape then trimmed off the overhang from either side- so much easier than trying (and in my case it would be failing) to cut the border to length before adding it to the card
- added the daisy frame where I wanted it, using a fine-nibbed glue pen
- then to finish, added the butterfly using thin sticky pads
I do like the happy coincidence that the border die echoes the daisy on the frame :)
Di this is lovely. The use of the black card with the white is truly dynamic. Love that huge butterfly and the chosen colours. The Over the edge elements work perfectly and love that daisy design. Thankyou for not being a quitter. Hope I didn't send you too much over the edge!!ReplyDelete
Hugs Mrs A.
Your card is really striking, Di. Beautiful butterfly and a great idea for the challenge. I've still got my thinking cap on for this one. xxReplyDelete
What a gorgeous butterfly!!! I love how it spills over the edge of the framework, and it's colored beautifully! WOW!!ReplyDelete
Absolutely beautiful, Di! Oh yes the daisy match is so wonderful and fun.ReplyDelete
Very creative--just beautiful, Di!ReplyDelete
WOW, WOW, WOW, Di! You went from zero to 100 in a minute with this glorious design for Mrs. A.'s challenge! It's really gorgeous!! Hugs, DarnellReplyDelete
That butterfly is a stealer :)ReplyDelete
A fabulous card - the butterfly is beautiful and I love the design of your card.ReplyDelete
I was a tad uncertain on the 'U' as well Di, but think you nailed it here and it's such an elegant design as well.ReplyDelete
Gorgeous card DiReplyDelete
love the colours
WOW - this is a stunner Di. It's so elegant and has great pizzazziness (is that a word? It is NOW!).ReplyDelete
Hugs, Sarn xxx
I love that large butterfly Di and coloured so prettily and sitting on that cute daisy frame, and the MFT crochet border looks great along the bottom and interprets the challenge so well, a really elegant card! xReplyDelete
Gorgeous Di! I love it! xxxReplyDelete
Oh, wow wow wow!!!! Absolutely stunning and it feels so chic!!! Love the big butterfly on this beautiful black frame and with this sweet scallop border your card is just adorable!! Fab work!ReplyDelete
Oh! That is amazing! Just great!!ReplyDelete
I love how you framed the butterfly with the daisy frame. It shows them both off so well. Your coloring is just beautiful and I love the bottom border.ReplyDelete
what a brilliant card, and such a very colourful butterfly.
Super design too.
Now I recognize that lovely butterfly stamp as I won mine on your fab challenge.
Thank you for joining the Butterfly Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. GD
How about Over the top! This card is great! I keep meaning to join these butterfly challenges but somehow they just flit away before I can get to them.ReplyDelete
I love this Di. I was stumped with this challenge. A very clever idea from you. He's a super butterfly by the way. BarbxxReplyDelete
This is such a striking card, Di... You nailed it :)ReplyDelete
Hi this is a stunning card I love the beautiful, big butterfly. Take care. Hugs JackieReplyDelete
That is one stunning butterfly and it works so well with the frame. I bet you're pleased you had a go!ReplyDelete
Wow what a stunning design Di. Love the beautiful butterfly with that super frame xxReplyDelete
Great minds think alike, I thought I'd have to skip it as well, first reason, haven't a clue what undulating means and secondly I would feel the I would have to go over the edge of a cliff, if I made a card with a Butterfly on it.ReplyDelete
You came up trumps though here Di, great design and lovely frame and colours.
This is gorgeous Miss Di.ReplyDelete
Just seen Kath's comment....haa haa!!!
A super butterfly Di.ReplyDelete
Hugs Erika. x
Fabulous card, Di. The butterfly is stunning and I love your answer to the 'over the edge' option - the black border is perfect! Hugs, Elizabeth xxReplyDelete
Awesome black frame on the white background. (great use of a snippet too! hmmm?) and the colors of this gorgeous creature look splendid with the black & white. Love this design, and the way you met the challenge Letters! Great work. TFSReplyDelete
Beautiful and perfect for Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge, love the colours too Karen xReplyDelete
I so love this card. The dies are fabulous and your butterfly is so pretty!ReplyDelete
It looks so different compared to the card you shared today, amazing difference Karen xxReplyDelete