This is the other retirement card I made for our friend during the week, sort of suggested by Kim (his wife) as his car is his pride and joy. I took the photo ages ago when there was retirement 'in the air'. Ha, I had to sneak round while he was abroad (minus his car) on business to take the photo - on a thankfully sunny day back in March:
- 6" square white easel card - ages since I made one of these too
- image taken by me and given the oil painting look by Len
- plain green card by SU, 'Wild Wasabi'
- patterned background card from We R Memory Keepers 'Travel Light' paper stack, which came free with Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine absolutely ages ago
- SU 'Basic Grey' card, embossed using Cuttlebug's 'Diamond Plate' folder. This is so not my idea, naughty me can't remember whose great blog I spotted it on but I immediately loved the effect of tyre tracks. I really must write things down more often as I do always try to give credit for ideas
- the sentiment is yet another Elzybells one, stamped with 'Wild Wasabi' - leaving plenty of room for a handwritten message to 'top and tail' it
- green card candi - by a fluke I had just the right colour and didn't need to use Pro Markers to do any matching
- four red Josy Rose nail heads
All done, and it was the day I had to make two in a rush - but I did have fun :)
Oo, what a gorgeous car! It looks great against the green papers, too!ReplyDelete
love Mags B x
It is personal and beautiful done,
A fabby retirement card .. .. and a great idea to use an image that is personal and well loved by the recipient.
I am rubbish at taking pictures of easel cards!!!
Have a good weekend.
Love Jules xx
a beautiful card and bet your friend loves it..... pride of place on the Mantel lolReplyDelete
Great retirement card and like the personalisation!ReplyDelete
I'd say that was a perfect retirement card Di. Nice and personal too. CongratsReplyDelete
That a brilliant card Di and nice its and easel card too and not thr norm!! xReplyDelete
Just had such a great wander over all your super cards that I missed. Wish I could stretch the hours to stay longer. xx FloraReplyDelete