Len's g'nephew, Edward, will shortly be celebrating his Birthday and - as always after Christmas - I was so busy with other blog stuff that it was a bit of a rush to make a quick card yesterday for him:
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening
- snippets of plain and patterned blue paper, found tucked in the front of my expanding snippets folder. No idea where they came from
- trimmed the plain blue paper to an eighth of an inch smaller all round than the card front and glued it in place
- trimmed the blue striped paper by an eighth of an inch smaller all round than the plain blue layer and glued that in place
- die cut the sentiment using a white card snippet and a sentiment from the Impression Obsession 'Birthday Top Edgers' set of dies
- made a panel for the sentiment by gluing some of the leftover plain blue paper to a snippet of white card
- glued the die cut sentiment onto the panel using a glue pen then popped it in place on the card front, using thin sticky pads
- showed Len and his immediate reaction was that something was missing- so I had a good rootle around in one of my boxes of embellishments and suddenly remembered 'card candy' from years ago. At one time no card was complete without card candy added to it, so I popped some white ones onto the card and got the seal of approval!
I'm absolutely thrilled to see that the new Snippets Playground blog is so popular - 86 followers already and loads of lovely comments and entries for the current challenge over there. The link to the new Playground is both on the sidebar here and also on a tab at the top of the page. Come and play!
Great masculine card, and the candy does the trick! Hopefully I can visit the challenge this weekend!!!ReplyDelete
What a fabulous masculine card Di - well done. The card candy really does finish it beautifullyReplyDelete
A great card and finished off nicely with the card candy. They were all the rage at one time and I must have thousands of them in lots of colours!!ReplyDelete
Fab CAS card Di .. love the die cut sentimentReplyDelete
A great masculine card Di.ReplyDelete
An ideal masculine card Di.ReplyDelete
Thanks for the reminder about the 'card candy' x. Great masculine birthday card x.ReplyDelete
Prachtige mannenkaart heb je gemaakt .ReplyDelete
Leuk sentiment .
Groetjes , Elle-Jeanne
Great card, Di xoxoReplyDelete
This card may have been quick and simple to make but it is a beauty, perfect for any man xxReplyDelete
Fantastic masculine card, great "snippits diving" so simple but so awesome, great colours and yes the "candy" does the trick.ReplyDelete
Great male card, love the card candy and stripes paper xxxReplyDelete
A great card for Len's nephew Di and the blue tones of the striped paper and plain card look great together, and the added die cut sentiment on another blue mat and also finished with the card candi makes one super card! xReplyDelete
Lol Id forgotten totally about card candy, I had it in every colour!! Great card, I'm sure he loved itReplyDelete
This is a fabulous masculine card Di xxReplyDelete
Hi Di this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Take care. Hugs JackieReplyDelete
What a great eye Len has to see that adding just a little bit more would take this card onto another level! A nice patterned paper and simple sentiment is always a great design for a masculine card but the card candy finishes it off perfectly!ReplyDelete
Superb stripy masculine card, finished off nicely with Card Candi. Love that stuff.ReplyDelete
The new Playground is wonderful & I think there may be a little party going on in the Treehouse!!!!
Hugs, Sarn xxx
I love this! It's absolutely perfect for a male!ReplyDelete
Perfect masculine birthday card! Sounds like Len has an eye for design. Edward will love it!ReplyDelete
Congratulations on the new Snippets Playground site… looks wonderful.
I doesn't look like a quick" card Di, it's very masculine and wonderful.ReplyDelete
Such lovely masculine card for Len's nephew! Your card candy are the perfect embellishments. I have to try making some by myself :)ReplyDelete
Fabulous masculine card Di!ReplyDelete
Fabulous! I have taken a leaf out of your book Di and treated myself to a large birthday sentiment die. It really is the perfect formula for a quick card and is an excellent way of using papers. Hugs, Vicky xReplyDelete
Hurrah for The New Playhouse--success already! Love the great masculine card & how you used the IO die cut which I have & sometimes struggle with!ReplyDelete