Len's g'nephew, Edward, will shortly be celebrating his Birthday and - as always after Christmas - I was so busy with other blog stuff that it was a bit of a rush to make a quick card yesterday for him:
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening
- snippets of plain and patterned blue paper, found tucked in the front of my expanding snippets folder. No idea where they came from
- trimmed the plain blue paper to an eighth of an inch smaller all round than the card front and glued it in place
- trimmed the blue striped paper by an eighth of an inch smaller all round than the plain blue layer and glued that in place
- die cut the sentiment using a white card snippet and a sentiment from the Impression Obsession 'Birthday Top Edgers' set of dies
- made a panel for the sentiment by gluing some of the leftover plain blue paper to a snippet of white card
- glued the die cut sentiment onto the panel using a glue pen then popped it in place on the card front, using thin sticky pads
- showed Len and his immediate reaction was that something was missing- so I had a good rootle around in one of my boxes of embellishments and suddenly remembered 'card candy' from years ago. At one time no card was complete without card candy added to it, so I popped some white ones onto the card and got the seal of approval!
I'm absolutely thrilled to see that the new Snippets Playground blog is so popular - 86 followers already and loads of lovely comments and entries for the current challenge over there. The link to the new Playground is both on the sidebar here and also on a tab at the top of the page. Come and play!