And here's my snippets card for this coming fortnight:
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening
- snippets of striped patterned paper from a real favourite paper pad of mine, Lawn Fawn's 'Really Rainbow', cut to size and kept to one side for now
- piece of white card, also a snippet, which would form the 'image layer of the card - I deliberately cut it to the same height as the card itself, but just a bit narrower to emphasise the dimension when it was added using fun foam
- then stamped a selection of images from the Clearly Besotted set of stamps called 'Puppy Love' and coloured them using Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils and Sansodor Blending Solution
- used the matching die set to cut out the images and set them aside whilst I pondered the sentiments in the set
- once I had the design sorted out in my mind stuck a strip of striped paper across the top and the bottom of the image panel then stamped the sentiments using stamps Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink
- next backed the whole panel with a snippet of white fun foam and adhered it to the card front
- also die cut a The Works 'Candle Number' from a snippet of yellow paper in the same paper pad, three times and layered them together for dimension before sticking it in place and adding a little tickle of clear 'Wink of Stella'
- added the die cuts (little doggies and a bone and ball - Dudley has a red rubber bone) using thin sticky pads
The Works are out of stock of those lovely candle dies - another shop where it pays to buy something when you see it as their lines change quite rapidly.
I know the card is very 'busy' but I wanted to try out all three of the little doggies, plus most of the other stamps - being a big kid as usual!
Tomorrow is Dudley's First Birthday - so of course this card is for him! I know we've had a few Clearly Besotted prizes lately but I just can't help myself - and this set in particular is just so Dudley, I even tickled their ears with a bit of peach. Although I bet it will be discontinued before long to make way for new designs.
The prize this fortnight is:
As always, the Snippets Challenge will run for two weeks and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 3rd August. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
It's a maximum of ONE entry, please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Remember, if you link into the Playground and don't say clearly that you want to be in the draw in a comment on here, then you will be bypassed if your name comes out of Mr Linky. I'm sure you all know I ask for a positive 'yes' on the blog post itself - just in case you're only playing for fun - otherwise I don't add you to my little list.
So, Dudley will be one year old on Monday 22nd July - although we didn't meet him until he was six weeks old and he didn't come home with us until 27th September. How time has flown, and who could dream that he would bring so much happiness and laughter. As well as some anxious moments needless to say.
His coat is already growing in nicely and yesterday I even had to give around his eyes a little trim. He'll 'blow coat' again at about 18 months old so until then, and perhaps even afterwards, he's going to keep a puppy cut. He certainly has a mind of his own at times. When I went to lift him onto the table to be trimmed he obviously realised it wasn't gonna be more playtime and, I have no idea how he does it, his feet seemed to be almost glued to the spot. ☺
No photos this week of him but no doubt we'll take some tomorrow. Of course he has a little Birthday cake shaped treat waiting for him, a new game where he has to flip some tubes to get at treats or some of his dry food - and of course yet another new cuddly toy, called Benjamin Bear. I arrived home last week with wrapping paper, tissue paper and a spare card in case I didn't manage to make the Clearly Besotted one in time. Len just rolled his eyes and said 'Only you Di, only you'! More eye-rolling when I explained that the shop bought card wouldn't go to waste as it can be from Spike the Hedgehog and family!
Lots of love from us all - Parsnip, Dudley and of course me,