And this is what I ended up making - times 12! Mostly because I wanted to make the most of some of the sheets of paper along with the die I'd remembered - and (being truthful) am realistic enough to know that I'd be unlikely to repeat the same design if I didn't battle on and make a big batch first time round:
- 5.5" x 4.25" off-white card blanks, side opening for a change. I chose the off-white as it was less stark against the backing paper
- the 'slightly Nordic' paper (it's quite heavy duty although I have no idea of the make), trimmed slightly smaller than the card front and glued in place
- an oval shape die cut using a Spellbinders die and more of the off-white card stock
- lots of snippets of very slightly metallic deep rusty red card stock, backed with 'Stick-It' and then die cut using a deer from the MFT 'Deer Love' set of dies
- peeled the backing off and adhered the die cut deer to the oval panel, then ran it through the Cuttlebug to make sure it was well stuck down
- then just filled in the eye with a black fine liner pen and also drew his black nose. There are tiny little dies in the set to use for the nose and eye, but by this time I was flagging .............. just a tad
- decided not to add a sentiment
- glued the oval panel onto the card front (all 12 of them) - and then went and lay down under the desk with Dudley for a rest!
Still, it bumped up my target a bit - now have 55 cards in the Christmas card box. Very unlikely I'll get away with not having to resort to some shop bought cards this year - although a friend did just point out that when she did the same, folk were wondering what they'd done not to be sent a hand made card. Ooopsie! My hope is to be able to send hand made cards to crafting friends and some close friends/relatives only - and shop bought ones to the rest, but we'll see how things go.