- 5.25" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening
- snippet of pale green card from the snippets folder
- snippet of white card onto which I stamped the poppy using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and two stamps from the Stamping Bella Straight Up' Floral stamp set. Had to do a bit of fiddling and testing using the Misti and the leaf stamp to get it positioned properly but it wasn't too much of a job (in fact, afterwards I sort of wished I hadn't used it anyhow)
- coloured the flower and leaf using Pro markers then added a little bit of grey shadow at the bottom of the stem
- cut the panel to fit onto the green panel and added them both to the card front using Collall All Purpose Glue
- then backed a couple of snippets of black card stock with Stick-It adhesive sheet before die cutting using an Impression Obsession 'Thoughts' die and layering the two together (Note: it's much easier to do this if the bottom die cut is left inside the piece of card so that it holds its shape whilst you press the two together)
- added the word to the card front and that was my main card done
I then decided to make a second card along similar lines, using the third stamp in the same set:
- I used different colours for the flower, which comes with the leaves already part of the same stamp, and toning coloured card for the border layer and a deeper shade for the sentiment, all snippets again of course
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, once the cards were finished ready for the sentiments to be added I realised that square (either 5" or 6") card would have allowed better placement of the sentiment die cuts - more to one side. I did see some wonderful samples using this stamp set at a Dies to Die For event earlier this year, made by the super-talented Faye, and she had made square cards I'm almost sure! However, as is still the case, a certain little white fluffy ball of fun does tend to curtail things and to be honest I was just glad to have made a couple of cards in the first place - never mind re-doing them! I would have liked to also add Glossy Accents to the sentiment words before adding them to the cards - but didn't have the time.
Am also finding that my mind is easily distracted right now (again, blame Dudley) so I don't always think things right through before diving in!
The prize, as usual, is very much connected to this week's snippets card:
As always, the Snippets Challenge will run for two weeks and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 24th November. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
It's a maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Remember, if you link into the Playground and don't say clearly that you're wanting to be in the draw in a comment on here, then you will be bypassed if your name comes out of Mr Linky. I'm sure you all know I ask for a positive 'yes' on the blog post itself - just in case you're playing only for fun - otherwise I ignore you on my little list.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
And I really did try to get a decent photo of Dudley, but he just never keeps still unless he's asleep! Even then, his tail will wag, he will give out little 'woofs' and his paws will move around as if he's playing in his dreams. But, I did manage to catch this photo - he came into my craft room as I was fiddling with the camera to drop a favourite toy beside me before going down on his 'hunkers' asking me to play for a while. So it was a very quick slightly out of focus piccie taken from above - before launching into yet another game of 'throw me the monkey so I can chase it'!!
Love as well from Dudley, and of course from me. By the way, we have to wait until the hair around his eyes grows longer of its own accord, if you trim it when he's a puppy (which we've been tempted to do I admit!) then it just grows back with blunt ends and takes even more time to become long and smoothed down. I guess he looks like he's winking at you here!