Wahoo, I finally made a card for Mrs A's current Butterfly Challenge, where you have to use a sentiment:
- 5" x 5" square white card blank
- green backing card from the snippets folder
- butterfly backing paper from the gorgeous Mariposa paper pad
- sentiment is stamped using SU's 'Real Red' and a stamp from the SU (sadly discontinued) 'Sincere Salutations' set. I then mounted the sentiment onto a backing of SU 'Real Red' which was die cut using a Lil'Inkers 'Stitched Rectangle'
- the butterfly was die cut using the Memory Box 'Pippi' and Isabella' dies, popped together and a little line of peach pearls added down the body
Tip of the day - I'd picked out the butterfly paper already but none of my whites. creams, peachy pink papers/card looked right to stamp the sentiment onto. So, I hunted through the gazillion and one paper pads I have and 'sho nuff', found a pretty close match. So - you know those papers that are (say) patterned round the edges and you wonder if you'll ever use them? Keep tight hold of them, they could save the day when you're looking for a snippet to use like I was :)
Remember, later on this evening I'll be doing the draw for the Joanna Sheen voucher to celebrate 300+ followers and will publish the result at midnight. Call back within this coming week to see if you won :)
I've been out and about, and have plans for today as well. If I haven't already commented on your snippets entry - or possibly an email - sorry but I'm like the donkey's tail right now, a bit behind!