Tuesday, 18 November 2014

Fluttering in by the skin of my teeth!

Today is the final day of Mrs A's current fortnightly butterfly challenge, where the theme this time is to use three different design papers. And I only just found time to make this card yesterday afternoon:
I used:

- A6 white card blank

- a snippet of white card just slightly larger than A6, which I layered with three snippet strips of DP from a Raspberry Road paper pad called 'Love Lives Here' - a freebie with Quick Cards Made Easy magazine  sometime last year

- then I trimmed the piece of layered card down to A6 size (doing it that way meant I could let the papers overhang a bit at the sides before being trimmed)

- next added a strip of saddle stitched ribbon which is a much better match in real life of course - tucked it underneath and then stuck the layered card onto the card front

- the corners were cut from little snippets of SU's 'Certainly Celery' card stock, using a Whimsy corner die

- the butterfly was die cut using the rest of the snippet of 'Certainly Celery' (backed with a little snippet of 'Stick-It' adhesive sheet) and the Memory Box 'Vivienne' die plus the solid bottom layer was die cut from a snippet of cream card using the Memory Box 'Darla' die

- four clear gems were popped down the butterfly's body just to finish off

Thank you so much those of you who said such lovely things on my post of yesterday. I really hesitated about showing the end result for fear of seeming a bit 'Hey, look at us' - but thankfully you were almost as delighted as me that the past six weeks are finally done!  I did giggle at Sam's suggestion about warming knickers and PJs on the towel rail - that was part of the rationale my little friend :)

Di
x

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful papers, ribbon & butterfly! Lovely card, Di!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, goodness, Di, I'm so glad your beautiful butterfly was able to fly into Mrs. A.'s gallery! (Mine didn't.) I really love how you combined the stripes, plaid, and sweet floral papers, all tied together by the stitched ribbon!! And awesome design element using those two corner adornments. They give the impression of the edges of two more butterflies! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I LOVE it! The colors are so pretty & work well together, and you awready know how much I love this particular b'fly die. The stitched ribbon looks perfect with the dp colors, and the corner dies just really dressed up everything. You done good!!! TFS & Big hugs. Off to see the next post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely combo of DP's with stitched ribbon and gorgeous Butterfly, Di!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card Di :-) You inspired me to go over and play along :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card!

    I am so glad you shared the bath reno photos...it is gorgeous and deserves to be recognized.

    I don't think you had anything to worry about as any friend would be delighted to have you share the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Di, Glad you made it in time. I have this butterfly and forgot how pretty it is xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who ever said you can't put stripes and checks together was talking twaddle. These papers are perfect with one another and the colours so me and you! Just bought a corner die from NEC ( well actually + 2 corner punches too). Yours matches lovely with the butterfly( snippets kept of course? ). Thankyou for fluttering by . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous butterfly card Di. Nice layout and embellishment.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is really pretty Di, and I too was very late with my entry, only early this morning! I love that die cut MB butterfly and the papers go so well together and lovely colours too. The corners and the ribbon are great finishing touches. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Di,

    Can you email me please? rustyflange@gmail.com

    I thought I had your email but it doesnt come up when I try it!! xxxx

    P.S love the colours on this one xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card, the papers go so well together. Love this butterfly too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this pretty card Di, all your papers are gorgeous and you have used my favourite butterfly die.
    I loved the photos of your new bathroom too, it looks super. Enjoy.!!
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful again Di is your card gorgeous papers layout and the star of the card your butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Di,
    we seem to be following each other with our Butterfly challenge cards.
    Last challenge I also followed you too.
    Your card is very lovely, and I like the fab colours you have put together.
    Wouldn't have thought of that.
    Love your fab bathroom pics from yesterday.
    I have trouble finding time on a Monday as we have singing practice at my house in the afternoon, and then my daughter takes me food shopping in the evenings after all that I'm too exhausted.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty papers and a great layout, lovely card.
    Trust Sarn lol.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I am loving the papers on this card Di! The butterflies are beautiful too. I struggle with putting pattern papers together, just using 2, not sure if I could pull using 3! lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, Di. I like the three papers you've used and the butterfly is stunning. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wunnerful my friend, a very clever card, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh just lovely! Pretty paper panels!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment! Sorry but anonymous comments have had to be blocked due to a spam avalanche. Di x