Tuesday, 21 October 2014

A tag for Mrs A's Butterfly challenge

All these years of paper crafting and I've never made a decorated tag - shame on me! But, Mrs A's latest Butterfly Challenge has put that to rights:
I used:

- 6" x 6" square cream card blank

- SU's 'Blackberry Bliss' card stock as a frame for the designer paper - which is by Wild Rose Studio and comes from the 'Butterfly Garden' paper pad

- for the label I used a snippet of the same cream card stock as for the actual card blank and lined up a Penny Black Stickeroo from the 'Dreamscape' sheet at one edge. Then trimmed the other side so I was left with the Stickeroo sitting on a 6" strip of card

- used a Nesties scalloped oval die (the shallower curve rather than the classic curve) and lined it along the top of the piece of cream card, only covering the die with the top cutting plate to the point where it curved off the edge - which meant I didn't get carried away and accidentally cut through the bottom of the die :). That way I ended up with a lovely curve at the top of the tag and then one either side. Punched a round hole in the top of the tag. Although the finished effect isn't as detailed as you would get with the fabulous SU 'Scalloped Tag Topper' punch (I was awaiting delivery of mine when I made this) - it makes a jolly good alternative - albeit no where near as fast as using the SU punch which will make its debut here shortly

- trimmed the bottom of the label to fit the roses I wanted to use and rounded the corners with a corner punch. The three cream organza roses came from a long strip which had been sent as a freebie with an order for a couple of paper pads, and everything was sweetly wrapped and tied with cream seam binding so I used a bit for the top of the tag after deliberately crumpling it a bit more and stuck the tag onto the card front using sticky pads

- the sentiment is from the Personal Impressions set called 'Everyday Words Happy Birthday', stamped using SU's 'Blackberry Bliss' ink - and once again, after the tag was almost finished too (someone here could be getting too confident for her own good)

- final touch - one butterfly sticker from a set made by Hobbycraft

And then the proof that indeed someone was getting too confident for her own good - the flipping card opening was on the left hand side! So, the tag was carefully peeled off and the card flipped to tent style before the tag was stuck on again. But, the two additional butterflies are covering where the paper tore a teensy bit :)

As I said, this card is for Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge where you have to include a tag - I wonder if she could see steam rising from just a bit down the road from her when the mistake was discovered!

And back to the cream organza roses and seam binding, which I love. As I said, a lovely lady called Sandra Reynolds enclosed them with my order, plus even a thank you card and some netting, for just a couple of paper pads back in August.

I think that's service over and above what one would normally expect - this is the link to Sandra's ebay shop and here's a link to her blog. There are some quite unusual mixed media goodies for sale in her shop - I'm just telling you this as I like to let you know when I find people who give great service, I haven't been remunerated in any way.

Di
x

22 comments:

  1. Love your card. The patterned paper is perfect to match your butterflies fluttering around. I had a giggle at your little mistake, it's so frustrating when that happens, but you did a great job rescuing your card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I likey, I likey, Those ickle butterflies are way too cute. It was a stroke of luck you had to reposition the tag cos that meant you had to put more on the card.
    (I did a miss hap on the reindeer card and had to cover up with blobs of glitter!!) The tag is fab with those flowers. I bought a burgundy strip ages ago but sadly it all got used up in swap items I made. Mixed media you say? I'm hoofing it over there right away. Thankyou for fluttering by. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mm Di I likey too :D

    ..and yes so glad you could rescue it well done, luffly!!!
    Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty! Love all those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card Di very lovely. To my shame I have to admit that I too once had my opening on the wrong side of the card but I had to leave it as it was since it was already dressed up with a LOT of embellishments. Foolish huh ?!
    Hugs Veerle xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply wonderful card Di, I love it! Thank you again soo much for your amazing kindness!!! Lots of love, Sanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your pretty tag card Di. I like the strategically placed butterflies! Naughty base card, fancy flipping around on you when you had your back turned to it for a moment! Disgraceful behaviour!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so dreamy looking Di, just beautiful! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Di, your card is lovely. I do like the Stickeroo on the tag and the organza rose trim is gorgeous. You covered up your gaffe beautifully - you needn't have said a thing. Off to see what you are tempting me with now :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply gorgeous Di as always and full of lots of lovely details xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I had a giggle about the tag set up for a left handed card. I thought I was the only one who did that.
    You made a great save girl...the extra butterflies were the perfect solution! lol

    I bet so many of us have done the same!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Di, really like the Stickeroo. I think that there must be pesky little imps that lurk around in craft rooms just waiting to turn our cards around when we're not looking. You did a great rescue job anyway.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you never said, no one would have known that! I made that mistake before too! Easily done!^_^ Love your card Di! Particular the colours!
    By the way, thanks for your advise and suggestions. That milk carton YouTube tutorial is fab. Will have to make them for my daughter's birthday party! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am with Sandra!! Naughty card!!
    Love that rosey ribbon!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. How did I miss this!
    Me too I have never made a tag either this is a great card and of course a fab image on the tag and lovely roses.
    I did that a couple of weeks ago but just sliced the card in half and stuck it on one the right way round, the air wasn't quite blue but was getting there.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! Fab colours and I was going to say a fabulous background on your stamped and embossed tag - those stickers are fabulous! You are not the only one I do that every so often too Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A pretty card and tag Di, and love the stickeroo and the pretty cream bow and flowers along the bottom. The bp is the perfect match, and then finished with those delightful butterflies hovering on top. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a beautiful tag, Di! Love those sweet flowers and the extra butterflies add extra pizzazz!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty, Pretty! It's been a while since I saw you use a PB sticker, and this one is just great. I was thinking "Oh yeah, another Brusho background" until I read the post. Will have to hunt to see if I have this sticker in my stash, as it's very pretty. Am loving your card with the gorgeous organza roses too. Very nice gift for your order. This is perfect for the Butterfly Tag Challenge. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well you did a fabulous job on your tag Di!! I love it! Love that beautiful butterfly paper and the butterflies. I had to laugh when you said it was put on the base wrong. You have no idea how many times I have done that or caught my self about ready to do just that. lol Glad to know I'm not alone in doing this. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a pretty tag card Di, love how you got your shaped top, very clever! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment! Sorry but anonymous comments have had to be blocked due to a spam avalanche. Di x