All these years of paper crafting and I've never made a decorated tag - shame on me! But, Mrs A's latest Butterfly Challenge has put that to rights:
- 6" x 6" square cream card blank
- SU's 'Blackberry Bliss' card stock as a frame for the designer paper - which is by Wild Rose Studio and comes from the 'Butterfly Garden' paper pad
- for the label I used a snippet of the same cream card stock as for the actual card blank and lined up a Penny Black Stickeroo from the 'Dreamscape' sheet at one edge. Then trimmed the other side so I was left with the Stickeroo sitting on a 6" strip of card
- used a Nesties scalloped oval die (the shallower curve rather than the classic curve) and lined it along the top of the piece of cream card, only covering the die with the top cutting plate to the point where it curved off the edge - which meant I didn't get carried away and accidentally cut through the bottom of the die :). That way I ended up with a lovely curve at the top of the tag and then one either side. Punched a round hole in the top of the tag. Although the finished effect isn't as detailed as you would get with the fabulous SU 'Scalloped Tag Topper' punch (I was awaiting delivery of mine when I made this) - it makes a jolly good alternative - albeit no where near as fast as using the SU punch which will make its debut here shortly
- trimmed the bottom of the label to fit the roses I wanted to use and rounded the corners with a corner punch. The three cream organza roses came from a long strip which had been sent as a freebie with an order for a couple of paper pads, and everything was sweetly wrapped and tied with cream seam binding so I used a bit for the top of the tag after deliberately crumpling it a bit more and stuck the tag onto the card front using sticky pads
- the sentiment is from the Personal Impressions set called 'Everyday Words Happy Birthday', stamped using SU's 'Blackberry Bliss' ink - and once again, after the tag was almost finished too (someone here could be getting too confident for her own good)
- final touch - one butterfly sticker from a set made by Hobbycraft
And then the proof that indeed someone was getting too confident for her own good - the flipping card opening was on the left hand side! So, the tag was carefully peeled off and the card flipped to tent style before the tag was stuck on again. But, the two additional butterflies are covering where the paper tore a teensy bit :)
As I said, this card is for Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge where you have to include a tag - I wonder if she could see steam rising from just a bit down the road from her when the mistake was discovered!
And back to the cream organza roses and seam binding, which I love. As I said, a lovely lady called Sandra Reynolds enclosed them with my order, plus even a thank you card and some netting, for just a couple of paper pads back in August.
I think that's service over and above what one would normally expect - this is the link to Sandra's ebay shop and here's a link to her blog. There are some quite unusual mixed media goodies for sale in her shop - I'm just telling you this as I like to let you know when I find people who give great service, I haven't been remunerated in any way.