Friday, 5 September 2014

Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge

Wahoo, I finally made a card for Mrs A's current Butterfly Challenge, where you have to use a sentiment:

I used:

- 5" x 5" square white card blank

- green backing card from the snippets folder

- butterfly backing paper from the gorgeous Mariposa paper pad

- sentiment is stamped using SU's 'Real Red' and a stamp from the SU (sadly discontinued) 'Sincere Salutations' set. I then mounted the sentiment onto a backing of SU 'Real Red' which was die cut using a Lil'Inkers 'Stitched Rectangle'

- the butterfly was die cut using the Memory Box 'Pippi' and Isabella' dies, popped together and a little line of peach pearls added down the body

Tip of the day - I'd picked out the butterfly paper already but none of my whites. creams, peachy pink papers/card looked right to stamp the sentiment onto. So, I hunted through the gazillion and one paper pads I have and 'sho nuff', found a pretty close match. So - you know those papers that are (say) patterned round the edges and you wonder if you'll ever use them? Keep tight hold of them, they could save the day when you're looking for a snippet to use like I was :)

Remember, later on this evening I'll be doing the draw for the Joanna Sheen voucher to celebrate 300+ followers and will publish the result at midnight. Call back  within this coming week to see if you won :)

I've been out and about, and have plans for today as well. If I haven't already commented on your snippets entry - or possibly an email - sorry but I'm like the donkey's tail right now, a bit behind!

Di
x

25 comments:

  1. This is a pretty,pretty card. Red is not one of my fav colours (except for using at crimbo time)
    but it looks just so perfect here. I'm loving that backing paper. Thanky you for finding the time to flutterby. Hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a pretty piece of dsp, a great butterfly die, and a warm sentiment and you've got a great card like this! I love this one DI! Has Parsnip come down from the tree yet? Poor thing - afraid of 2 rugrat pooches :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card looks great...to think you had to resort to cutting the inside of a paper...hahahaha...I have so many papers and often can never find the right match...I shall remember this tip!!! It is a good one.

    Your cards is so pretty and makes me want to rush downstairs and make a card...hahahahaha

    No time though so will just have to stick with scheduled posts at the mo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Di, I like that butterfly too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful card Di well done on making it.. my aim was to then was asked to DT for next one.. and will keep mum on what it is :D love the paper and combo, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Di, I love the background paper. This is a challenge that's high on my to-do list aswell but I can't seem to find the time. Other priorities I guess. Have a nice busy day.
    Hugs Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous design
    lovely done
    have a great weekend
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty, pretty, pretty...beautiful butterfly card Di great design

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. So stunning Di! I absolutely love red and don't use it enough! That paper is gorgeous! Perfect design!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have that paper stack and it is hidden. I refuse to use it until I have used up all of my other papers and I'm not sure I will even use it then lol. I am trying to get through my paper hoard but I can't bear the thought of cutting those papers up, I need psychological help! A really beautiful card, the sentiment and the added butterfly are just perfect Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful paper and beautiful card! I love the butterfly. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Diane, so very pretty.
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Di,
    what a very pretty card.
    I love that super paper used on this.
    I better get my skates on as I haven't made one for this fortnights challenge yet.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Di,

    What a lovely card! I have that Mariposa paper and this is the sheet that really caught my eye. I have some of those 12 x 12 sheets that I wonder what I'm going to do with. I've decided that I might try making envelopes out of some of them.

    Oh, and I'm going to be in a Crafts Fair (the same one I did a few years back) and will be making more of your faboulous bookmarks! I still have some of the supplies and can't wait to get going.

    Big hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty card, I love the paper and the lovely butterfly.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card, the colours look just right together.
    Now have an image in my head of you like a 'pin the tail on the donkey' :-)
    Hugs
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Di I'm catching up on all your fab cards have a great weekend huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A really pretty card, love the butterfly paper and the super design.
    Have a great weekend

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Damned sight better than having a big behind lol.
    Thanks for the tip and a realy lovely card, love the colours great font on the sentiment.
    Have a good weekend
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card there Mrs. Thanks for the reminder too!
    I love your C card below. Very olde worlde!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. A gorgeous card Di and love that paper and then the pretty MB butterfly sitting on top. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Simply gorgeous card Di as always beautiful design papers and butterfly x

    ReplyDelete
  23. so pretty and I love the colours.
    I wasn't sure I could link when the gates are closed! thanks for the heads up, I'll go and wait by the gates now!
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a pretty card, Di. Love the backing paper, it sets off your butterfly and sentiment so well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Di, this is a gorgeous card. I love that Mariposa paper, it's stunning. Another useful tip - I don't mind stamping on DP so I'll have no trouble remembering that when I need it. Hus, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment! Sorry but anonymous comments have had to be blocked due to a spam avalanche. Di x