Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Monochromatic for Mrs A!

I truly didn't think I'd manage to join in the current Butterfly Challenge over at Mrs A's - I had cards in the pipeline for other challenges that I always play along with and my first butterfly attempt of a purely black and white card last week didn't follow the rools so I didn't enter it. However, where there's a will there's a way and this is what I finally made:

I used:

- 5" x 7" card blank, made using SU's 'Wisteria Wonder'

- plain purple card

- patterned card from Papermania's 'Heather' Capsule Collection

- MFT 'Bracket Edge' die

- Memory Box 'Fresh Foliage' die and purple card stock

- Memory Box 'Pippi' and 'Isabella' butterfly dies plus purple and SU  'Wisteria Wonder' snippets

- sentiment from the Personal Impressions 'Everyday Words Happy Birthday' set, stamped using Adirondack 'Purple Twilight' punched with SU's 'Word Window' and layered onto a punched SU 'Modern Label'

- final touch, some mauve sparkly gems on butterflies, sentiment and bottom left of card

- and very final, final touch - rounded off the bottom right corner

Di
x

17 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful Di! All those patterns, the script, and the die cut butterflies look stunning. Of course it's purple, and all purple is stunning to begin with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH . . . get you with the rounded bottom LOL!!!!!!!!

    Fab design with lully butterflies!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha - most of me is well rounded Sarn!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly bootiful Di. Thankyou sooo much for taking the time to make a second entry. I love the rounded edge as well and you too!! Hugs Mrs A. (Butterfly Challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wunnerful card Miss. . So glad you finally managed to join in ;)
    Had huge chuckle at cheeky comments above... oh an me sister said today I talk too much craft. .. mm need to get another hobby mebbe :D
    Love Shaz.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am making no comments about round bottoms!!!!! Lovely card Di - fab colour scheme! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning mono card Di. Love it and glad you made it to Mrs A's challenge...have joined your blog too as a new follower.x
    ♥aNNieThe Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done for getting another card made. This one is very pretty too. The lilac range of colours seem to suit butterflies don't they. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Di for commenting on my blog and yes I see a lot of my buddies enter the challenge so will do so....just gotta check the rules out lol...xxxx
    ♥aNNie xxThe Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is delightful!
    The purples look pretty and the bottom corner rounded is sweet...guess i would have to round all my corners...lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Di. Love the shades of purples and super shaping on the edges. You've just reminded me I have that MB foliage die in my NBUS xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. "WOW" Di, This was well worth the wait its beautiful and the butterflies are gorgeous as is your colour choice too x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just gorgeous Di, fabulous colours and the busy papers show off the lovely simplicity of the image.
    Love your rounded bottom!

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another lovely mono card for Mrs A. Really, reallyl love that beautiful background, with the pretty posies and the delicate flutterbees perched on the stems. The shaping of the papers added so much to the total look. Well done! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love, love, love this card. Those lovely shades of purple, the card, the paper it is all stunning! A really beautiful card Missy Pixie! Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the monochrome coloring and the design is very elegant too! A really beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment! Sorry but anonymous comments have had to be blocked due to a spam avalanche. Di x