The latest challenge over at Mrs's A's butterfly house is to use spots and stripes. I went for fairly quick and easy, whilst trying not to melt in the heat:
- 5" x 7" white card blank
- SU 'Certainly Celery' card stock for the backing
- SU pink and green Subtles designer papers, bought ages ago. The pink is probably 'Pink Pirouette' and the green is certainly 'Certainly Celery' :)
- topped the plain green card stock with a rectangle of pink, striped side facing up and then cut a smaller panel to use with the stripes facing down
- backed the edges of the panel with lacy strips, die cut using MFT Die-namics 'Faux Crochet Border' and a snippet of 'Certainly Celery'
- the butterflies were cut using SU's 'Beautiful Wings' Embosslits and spotty SU green card stock
- 'Happy Birthday' was die cut using a snippet of 'Certainly Celery' and the Britannia Dies 'Happy Birthday' word set
- last touches - white pearls down the bodies of the butterflies and one as a dot above the letter 'i'
Why don't you join in Mrs A's challenge if you don't already? There are prizes to be won but, most of all, the girls who play are such a lovely bunch - needless to say quite a few are also Snippets Playground playmates!