Wednesday, 25 June 2014

Monochrome vs. monochromatic

GUESS WHAT, IT'S FIXED! BUT YOU MIGHT NEED TO ACTUALLY CLOSE YOUR BLOG AND THEN GO BACK IN - WOOT, WOOT!!

Edit: Here's the latest on the Blogger view feed we're having trouble with, so many of us can only see one blog post at a time on our dashboards, grump, grump:

Hi everyone, 
This is currently in the hands of the Product Team and I promise to update you all once I know more.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best,
DeLayne

Bet that helped you all a lot - NOT - especially as the problem was first raised over two weeks ago :(

Anyhow - I misread Mrs A's latest Butterfly Challenge so this card isn't eligible after all as it's monochrome (which is usually black and white) not monochromatic (hues of the same colour), Dopey Di strikes again. But the thought was there!
I used:

- 5" x 7" white card blank

- black rectangular backing to the die cut layers

- white card stock and four of the five dies in the Spellbinders 'Resplendent' Rectangles' set - layered with thin sticky pads to add depth/dimension

- sentiment is from SU's 'Sincere Salutations' set, stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black'

- the butterfly was cut from white and black card stock using Memory Box 'Vivienne and Darla' butterfly dies

- then just three little white pearls added to the butterfly's body

Darnell reminded me that I can add this to her NBUS challenge though - as the dies I used were 'Never Been Used Schtuff'- so all was not lost :)

Di
x

21 comments:

  1. It is the perfect card for expressing sympathy. So pretty and yet comforting.

    I need to take a lesson from this pretty card and make up some sympathy cards to have on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow those rectangles really are resplendent, Di.. what do you po them up on the layers ie are they as deep as the photo looks.. mm see you say sticky pads so guessing not that deep.. but looks grand! Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mind you Di when Mrs A. first asked me to do Monochromatic.. I saved a whole folder on Pinterest of cards rather similar to yours ... then double checked with her and found it was just one colour..

    which is really what the word means:

    mono = one + chrome = colour..

    :D Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, but my word, it's like icing layers on a delicious cake, Di! It's simply gorgeous!! Is anything virginal so you can link again to my NBUS challenge? I just saw Addicted to Stamps and More is "Anything Goes." Do you ever play there? Or, you could lightly sponge the edges of your layers in different shades of the same color!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very elegant card - shame it wasn't eligible. Love those dies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and elegant Di!
    The blogger feeds are back, Yay!
    Hugs, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's lovely Di. I'd consider it eligible, but either way it is elegant and very suitable as a Thinking of You' card. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Di - glad to see blogger is working again too - I have missed reading all the blogs

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY - I LOVE monochrome cards and this is no exception. I have the same butterfly set of dies, but rarely use them. Thanks for the reminder!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. My reading list is back!! Thank goodness...otherwise I might have missed this gorgeous creation Di.. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That'll teach you to put your specs on Di......lol this is stunning though and your butterfly is gorgeous l always like Monochrome and your die with this is stunning another great make as always and thanks for all the updates xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now, you have taught me something Di, as I probably would have entered this as I thought monochrome and monochromatic i. e. either B/W or shades of one colour could be used in the challenge, so I would be wrong too. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. p.s . Silly Pat! So busy thinking about the monochrome thing, I failed to say what a beautiful card you made with those Resplendent Rectangles and that gorgeous butterfly. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is stunning Di. I love how the die cut rectangles look so good layered together. Lovely sentiment stamp as well.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for editing your post to link your beautiful card to my NBUS Challenge, Di! I enjoyed coming back and feasting my eyes on it again!! Enjoy the day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card Di! Mono-whatever - it's just fabulous with all the layers and butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great to be back to normal.
    Oh what a shame you miss read the challenge as this is one stunner of a card, I love it to bits. The dies are fabulous.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoop whoop, so glad the bug is fixed, and what a fab monochrome card! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sure is pretty, Di, even if it's not what Mrs. A is looking for! I just had the blogger problem yesterday and today it's fine! Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorreee for being a pain. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment! Sorry but anonymous comments have had to be blocked due to a spam avalanche. Di x