Wednesday, 26 September 2012

WOYWW - not linking as am really busy but......

........I had an email from one of the Snippets Playground 'comediennes' the other day, telling me to watch out for a pigeon dropping something here. Ha, so I walked round using an umbrella every time I ventured into the garden - but the pigeon that was being referred to arrived this morning and dropped his parcel off............with the postman.

Oh Mrs A, what a fabulous surprise - and not one little bit of pigeon poo in sight:
The most gorgeous box, covered in rose patterned material and stitched with the teeniest of stitches.
The box opened to show the top layer of THE most exquisite roses, all in shades of pink (yay!) complete with droplets of dew even - plus a darling little card, even the birdcage is glazed.
 This is the second layer, of more delicious roses.
And nestled right at the bottom, shrink plastic butterflies - totally perfect :)

What can I say - not only do I have some beautiful handmade roses and butterflies to play with, there's also a delightful box to keep them in and to treasure even when the contents have been used.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart Mrs A!!

Of course there was a cheeky comment on the card saying 'From my snippets to your snippets' :)

As I said, not linking into WOYWW this week - a lot going on here and no time to hop around as I'd like to. I'll try to visit those of you I do follow of course but sometimes life just gets in the way and it's not fair to link :(

Di
x

23 comments:

  1. Hi Di. I'm not linking up either this week. Work was very stressful today.

    That's a fun box that you received in the mail! Have fun using those supplies.

    Hugs Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Di

    What a gorgeous gift to receive and all coloured co-ordinated to your likeness. Mrs A is a very generous lady who clearly holds you very dear in her heart.

    Also, not posted on WOYWW this week or last as like you, I don't have the time to return the kind comments people leave.

    Still wishing you a happy WOYWW though, take care xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Di that looks so very special. How lovely to get parcels in the post.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a lovely surprise! Take care Zo xx 73

    ReplyDelete
  5. WWWWWWOW . . . that box AND the contents are beautiful. What a lovely gift. Talk about HAPPY POST eh?

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope life is just busy and nothing more serious, Di.
    What a beautiful gift to receive. Bet you save these for a very special occasion. Crafters are just the best aren't they.
    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Lisax #80

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely surprise! All I get in my post is bills and hospital appointments. Hope you enjoy your box and it's contents!! Have a great WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you liked your box of snippets! Hugs Mrs A. Signing in fom the middle of a deep forest somewhere. Only the old for company.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was of course meant to have said from the middle of a Forrest and only the owls for company. Blooming predictive text.hugs mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww What a lucky girl you are. First stockings and now flowers and flutterbies.
    Gotta pop to the post below as I missed it yesterday. Busy bunny playing late into the night!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Slovenly flowers and butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow Di, What a lovely surprise and gift from Mrs A so beautiful are the Flowers and Butterflies enjoy them my postman brings bills not a lovely box like this enjoy!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fab boxful Di - you will love playing with those!! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh are you going to have fun with these

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww...this is so gorgeous. These ladies at the playground are just the best, most generous of folks. And I'm glad to enjoy your 'pigeon visit' right along with you. Such a unique way to say "watch out"...TFS. And I know you'll enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous unexpected delivery, bit like having triplets I suppose. lol

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Who's a lucky girl then?? That's a beautiful box with even more beautiful contents. Lovely.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Di, What a fabulous gift, lucky you:0) Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, wow, Di! That is such a beautiful box and the contents are just gorgeous - and not a pigeon feather to be seen :) Hope things don't get too hectic and your week goes well. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. How special and beautiful! What fun you'll have with them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I dunno, being told to watch out for pigeon droppings definitely sounds like a threat to me, good thing you had that umbrella. What a great parcel the pigeon postman left your you. What great gobs of fun. Those flowers are fabulous, as are butterflies. I wish you many happy snippets.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my. Oh my. What a friend you have in Mrs. A. Mrs. Amazing, I'd say. Have fun playing with all your lovelies!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow what a lovely surprise it is a box full loveliness :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment! Sorry but anonymous comments have had to be blocked due to a spam avalanche. Di x