Thursday, 7 July 2011

A different style of card ...and for me a first

It's a tent card and instructions on how to make one have been posted by Dena - thanks so much!



A slightly sideways view:


And a closer view of the flowers:

I loved making this card , it's so Summery and cheerful it makes me smile despite the rain we currently have here. I used the following - the image is Magnolia's 'Tilda Holding Egg Basket' (hey-up Sarn!!) which I coloured whilst on holiday and then just added some Anita's Glaze to the eggs and Tilda's cute little boots. The gorgeous stash from Dee arrived just in time to prompt this card - thanks again sweetie! The papers came from my stash (a QVC Summer Collection which included the sentiment as well). The raffia, white flowers and the butterfly came from Dee - at least the raffia and the white flowers came from Wild Orchid Crafts, as did the other flowers which were waiting patiently in my stash to be used. I opened up and flattened some of the green raffia to make the 'leaves' and Tilda is hanging from a little piece of chain and jump rings, also from my stash. I cut the aperture using a Nestie - am sure you can get inverted scallops and now I know why......... I really, really need some for more cards like this :)

I'm entering this for the following challenges:

Wild Orchid Challenge 27 - a tent card

Creative Craft Challenges - Pretty Blossoms

The Crafty Pad - particular style of card (tent)

The bit that I wasn't too sure how to tackle was sticking the white card with the red flowers 'fully and all over' on to the card stock before cutting the die. Hey, ho - I truly don't know what's in my cupboard 'cos I found a spray can of 3M Craft Mount and it worked great. I'll be using more of this - despite much rolling of eyes due to the fumes :) Mental note, whilst it gives you a high it probably isn't good to use in an enclosed space.... ran round the walls five times before I got too dizzy to count :))

Di
x

14 comments:

  1. What a pretty card Di. Love the design.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FAB design - makes a nice change.

    Love those flowers and raffia . . . not so keen on the Magnolia (as you know!). Still a lovely card though!

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, it's the lack of mouths that can be a bit spooky but she was lovely to colour in. Hugs, Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Di, so pretty and summery. Love the Magnolia girlie, as you say no mouths seem odd, but you can always add one in! Lovely - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Karen - you know the level of my drawing skills, it would probably end up looking like 'The Scream' by Munch!! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card Di, love the image and so nicely coloured, the flowers are gorgeous too!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! Love the color choise and magnolia hanging on a chain - cute! Thanks for joining us at WOC!

    Hugs, Loreta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Di, I love your tent fold card! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Crafty Pad this week!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xxx
    ps I have a candy give away on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card Di. Haven't tried a tent card yet but I think you've inspired me to try one soon. Love the flowers and your raffia leaves are wonderful. These little ones would be so adorable if only they had mouths. Your coloring is superb and I love the way you have her hanging.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see what you did there with the raffia! Clever idea :-)Think I might try a tent card and I now see why it isn't just a single fold card with the fold at the top. Doh!oh well I get there in the end. Hugs Dee

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh really love this,gorgeous image and love the layout bless you for playing at creative craft challenge we really appreciate your support hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Peggy - I thought a tent card was just a tent fold until I looked at the tutorial so you're not alone :) Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning creation!

    Thank you for joining TCP this week.:)

    Maggie
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment! Sorry but anonymous comments have had to be blocked due to a spam avalanche. Di x